C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

still rich

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
vetteboy88
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default still rich

Okay, I just had her checked on the computer. Injectors fine, fuel pressure fine, fuel pump fine. Everything is fine except it is still running rich. The guy that did the check for me said to check the 'cats, or offered to clean the injectors with his $10,000 machine. Has anyone ever had the injectors cleaned with such a rig, and did it work???? This mechanic is a friend who checked the fuel system free of charge, but will charge to hook the fuel system up to his magic injector cleaner!!!! I don't have a problem with paying, just want it to stop running rich!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Id check the ohms on the injectors themselves first to make sure ou dont have one thats stuck open. If one is bad cleaning them wont do much. All he needs is an ohm meter to check this, should take 15 min tops unless he decides to pull a runner off
Does he have a scan tool?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:18 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteboy88
Okay, I just had her checked on the computer. Injectors fine, fuel pressure fine, fuel pump fine. Everything is fine except it is still running rich. The guy that did the check for me said to check the 'cats, or offered to clean the injectors with his $10,000 machine. Has anyone ever had the injectors cleaned with such a rig, and did it work???? This mechanic is a friend who checked the fuel system free of charge, but will charge to hook the fuel system up to his magic injector cleaner!!!! I don't have a problem with paying, just want it to stop running rich!!!!
souds like your friends is rich if he paid 10K for an injector cleaner
but to answer your question it will help, it improves the spray pattern wich improves fuel atomization. we do the service for $59.00 including the chemical. also cats wont make the car run rich. are you saying it is rich only by the exhaust smell? have you pulled a plug and looked at it?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:07 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

People in business are in business to make money. If your car is running rich, check out the coolant sensor that talks to the computer. Your car has two coolant sensors, one for the dash , and one for the computer. The one for the computer acts like the choke on a carb. If it does not read the correct temp, it will make the car run rich, thinking it is colder than it really is. Have a scan done of your car by someone who is not trying to make money off of you. Make sure that the sensor was not waraped w/ teflon tape.

Feel free to PM me w/ questions.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:10 AM
shadowman1
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

"People in business are in business to make money." No s**t ?
Last time I checked we lived in a capitalist system. Nothing wrong with making a living.
I've ran pulse injector cleaners on cars and have gotten great results before. I agree that other items should be checked first like the CTS and the 02 sensor. Don't just assume that the mechanic is trying to screw him.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
evmlarry
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my FSM on me here, plus mine is for an 85 anyways, but it has a good flow chart to follow on troubleshooting rich conditions.

Get notified of new replies

To still rich

Quick Reply: still rich