C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

? On shipping corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
ls1569
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? On shipping corvettes

Anyone here have any info or experience on where I can get shipping info on transporting my vette from Colorado to ?, incase of a sale I would like to be prepared on this info.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Another Don
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had 2 separate cars shipped to me in about the last year and a half. The first was done by Fedex Passport and the other was done by Horseless Carriage transport. Another transport company with a good reputation is Thomas Sunday Transport. These are all enclosed container companies.

The downside of enclosed trailer transport is that it's pricey...figure about $1/mile hauled. But the service was excellent and I wouldn't do it any other way. If the car is clean and shiney when it's loaded, it'll be clean and shiney when it's delivered.

Google is your friend.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my Vette shipped cross country, I used a company called DAS Shipping. http://das.ebay.com/

It was in an enclosed trailer and unfortunately the front bumper was damaged during transport. The good thing was that they paid for all the repairs at the shop of my choosing and didn't try in the slightest to get out of paying. Accidents do occur and I was glad they were a decent company to deal with.

They also have something where you can track where you car is during the entire trip. You know exactly where you car is, how long it's there, etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM
stifeout
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 2 cars moved last month by Angels moving autos. Both cars came from upstate NY to Miami, Fla. One cost me 900, the other 625. Don't know why the cost difference. However, I highky reccomend them. Good communication between company, driver, and myself. BTW they had the highest rating in a transport comparison, don't remember the site, but as the other guy said GOOGLE!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Durissus
Racer

I used "www.Aceautomovers.com" out of Indiana and had very good success with them. They were inexpensive, had good reports (I found them by a search of "recommended" transport companies) and they kept in touch with me through the whole process. I went with an open trailer, but lucked out as mine was the only car hauled by a guy who usually hauled RVs, one at a time.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:42 PM
pkazsr
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ls1569
Anyone here have any info or experience on where I can get shipping info on transporting my vette from Colorado to ?, incase of a sale I would like to be prepared on this info.
The posts I've read gave you advice for shipping your Vette. I agree with what they posted, but you said "incase of a sale". Shipping is usually the buyers responsibility when buying a car. It would be nice if you provided the info for them, but the price can change from when you ask for a quote and when the buyer asks for that price.

Get notified of new replies

To ? On shipping corvettes

Quick Reply: ? On shipping corvettes