C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

why let the wife say no,buy the vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 12:04 PM
FlyRN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why let the wife say no,buy the vette

Every since i have bought my vette. I cant count the number of men, who have all said there wifes wont let them have one. Mine said the same thing. hey you make the money you work go get it, You want the new zo6 buy it.
Why do they set the tone. my wife put me off for years up untill i drove it in the drive way.. It was well worth the 2 days of hell she put me threw. A couple of months later she went to the rally with me at Bowling green and had a great time. See now i manipulate her I told her I want to race and Buy another car, she said no , but now I can race in the one lap ,thats all I wanted. My friend did the same and now we have a team. Many people on the forum always say i would do it but my wife says no. My wife now says its not the vette its that you didnt ask my opinion. I said I didnt have to its always no.

Well now she is more understanding, I said this is what i love, hey I dont golf.
Look at the money I save there , shes getting off cheap. Any Im sure you all have stories the same Im interested. See ya at the one lap of america..

93 Ruby red anniversary edition. with many mods that my wife felt i didn't need...
Old 12-07-2001, 12:17 PM
ShawnZR-1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (FlyRN)

Hey, I can't argue with you too much, but thanks to my wife we were able to buy a Vette. She worked things out budget wise so I could realize my dream. I wanted her buy-in so that she would enjoy it as much as I. She is my co-driver, both in the Vette and out, and that's the way I like it!
Old 12-07-2001, 12:34 PM
MardiGrasMan
Le Mans Master

When I first said Vette to my wife about 3 years ago she said no. When I explained that I don't hunt, fish, or golf and told her how much money some of my friends spend on these hobbies she realized the Vette was a better deal. I'm on my second one now and she goes with me to the Cruisin the Coast car show in Biloxi each year. :smash:
Old 12-07-2001, 12:37 PM
GiDvEtTe84
Drifting

he he. I am lucky i bought mine before i am getting married. ;)
Old 12-07-2001, 12:48 PM
Polar LT4
Racer

Buy in from thewife was important to me too. Before I bought my Vette, I though of 1000's of reasons & justifications I would give her. I was carefully thinking for about a week on how to approach her. When I finally did, she really surprized me. She said something like this. "OK, as long as that's what you want" :cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 12-07-2001, 01:35 PM
jbatjr
Racer

It was never the right time for me to buy it, she always would have let me, Hell she even found the one that I bought(even though she can't drive it cause it is stick) she always new I dreamed of one, and wanted me to have it plus she got tired of me pointing them out on the road and saying what year it was. :D

Now we are both happy she doesn't have to hear me wine, and I have my vette! I think I made out better on this deal :D

:seeya
Old 12-07-2001, 01:49 PM
35th
Drifting

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (jbatjr)

I'll just stay single, and happy. :D :D :D
Old 12-07-2001, 03:22 PM
JonM
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do realize this is going to cost you one way or another in the long run...Don't you ? ;)
Old 12-07-2001, 04:16 PM
85vetteguy
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If I had the type of wife that would not let me get a vette I would not have married her in the first place. I have been married for 20 years and my wife knows better than to tell me I cant do anything, I work very hard and as long as the bills are paid and there is food on the table I will enjoy my vette, and my wife is tolerant of my hobby, sometimes I think she really enjoys it. I have wanted a vette since before we were married but I think she thought it was something that would go away. Alot of my friends had them at a young age but I bought a house instead. It took me until the age of 39 before I felt I could comfortably afford a toy like a vette. Now I have to start preparing her for when I upgrade in a year or so. My wife and I have stayed happily married for so long because we don't tell each other what we can and can't do. By the way I also golf!! HA!HA! Guy :D
Old 12-07-2001, 04:40 PM
dmalhi1
Melting Slicks

:lol:
well i'm not married yet but my girlfriend always told me that if its my goal to own a vette then i better achieve it aslong as she gets to drive it once in awhile and she likes to tease me about her getting a mustang.... so i tell her ok aslong as its a shelby gt500..... cuz i wouldn't mind driving that ;)

Old 12-07-2001, 04:55 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (dmalhi1)

What does wife mean?
Pick your battles. This is one to pick.
Get it and drive already.
92TripleBlack :cheers: :yesnod:
Old 12-07-2001, 05:43 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (92TripleBlack)

My wife bought mine for me as a gift. I guess some of you just haven't met the right women yet. :cheers:
Old 12-07-2001, 06:47 PM
ghall
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the coolest wife in the world--if the bills are paid--i can have any toy i want---look at my sig--next on the list.1987 buick gnx and 40th zr-1--and she could care less--very :cool:

Geoff Hall
Old 12-07-2001, 07:26 PM
OURRUBY
Spending his inheritance
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

My wife knew I wanted one for a long time but said no until the kids were grown. Well one grew and the other was still home when she said ok. First one had plate "PERRYS75" (not my age as many people kidded about). Current one has plate "OUR RUBY". She is enjoying it as much as me. We have been married for 32 years and it has only gotten better with the vette :)
Old 12-07-2001, 07:39 PM
Gatorac
Pro

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (OURRUBY)

My wife races the Vette with me. I want to build another cobra and she told me "maybe you should keep the Vette and build another Cobra". She's a good girl. :yesnod:

Jim
Old 12-07-2001, 08:07 PM
SLICKMAN
Melting Slicks

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (Gatorac)

When I met my wife I had an 84 Vette. I have had many cars after I sold it and my wife always wanted me to get another vette. So, when I sold my 69 Road Runner, she was all for it getting another vette. Guess I'm lucky, she never says anything about me spending money on my hobby. :D :) :cheers:
Old 12-08-2001, 12:45 AM
Cigarman
Instructor

I met my wife 12 years ago and at that time I was on my 25th car (love 'em).

She puts up with all of my craziness, including buying used (oops--pre-owned) cars and turning them over in a year or so for another one --or the time I was going with her to her parents' in my black/black/black 5-speed '86 BMW 535i and chased with a Porche to 150+ on the interstate.

Then I caught the fever, and when I bought the 'vette (car number 31) she knew that I was looking, but saw it the first time when she opened the garage door one nite after work.

Her response was "Well, when do I get a ride and when did you wise up and get a red car for a change?"

I agree with Red73. You gotta know how to pick 'em...

Get notified of new replies

To why let the wife say no,buy the vette

Old 12-08-2001, 12:51 AM
VetteHawk
Drifting

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (1991C4)

She knows I want one. I haven't ask her and I guess she knows it would do no good to tell me I can't get one. :cool:
Old 12-08-2001, 01:01 AM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Default Re: why let the wife say no,buy the vette (35th)

I'll just stay single, and happy. :D :D :D
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 12-09-2001, 01:41 AM
Cliff Coppens
Instructor

My wife was all in favor of it! She said "You deserve it, buy one!" I told her I would only spend what I'd spend on a new Accord EX or similar car. Wound up with my LT4, and for less money, Ya gotta love it!! :cheers: :cheers:

Quick Reply: why let the wife say no,buy the vette