C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 automatic in autocross?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
psychodiagnostik
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C4 automatic in autocross?

After attending several Solo II autocrosses during the last several years, I’ve been anxious to give it a try. My intent has been to buy a small FWD manual-trans beater to freshen up with new factory shocks, bushings, tires, etc. to start out in, but it just hasn’t worked out, mostly because of time constraints, plus the wife isn’t crazy about losing garage space and other resources for a third car. It’s also hard to find time to chase classified ads leads, and then work on tuning up an extra car. I’ve been thinking of just trying to work with what I have, and what I have is a ’93 C4 automatic daily driver in great shape. It might need new tires (it needs these anyway) otherwise it’s in great shape.

My question is, is it even worth trying to auto-x an automatic with 2.59 gears? I’ve seen plenty of automatic cars at the autocrosses I’ve watched, but they’re generally in the lower classes. I’m not that crazy about having to run in A stock or whatever they put C4s in anyway, I don’t think the local events in my area even run a novice class. I’m anxious to hear about anybody else who has ran a C4 auto in Solo II.
Thx!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

DUPE

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1932246
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
psychodiagnostik
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whoops, sorry about that, I edited the original at work, and somehow I accidentally reposted it. Mods, it would be great to delete this post, I feel like a dumb@zz!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by psychodiagnostik
whoops, sorry about that, I edited the original at work, and somehow I accidentally reposted it. Mods, it would be great to delete this post, I feel like a dumb@zz!
No biggie Chit happens

Mods are asleep at the wheel (or busy chasing major violators )
Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

If you haven't tried the autocross yet, don't do anything to your Vette. Go like it is and enjoy the day. Ask a lot of questions and almost all the guys there will be willing to help you out. Just check your tire pressures. Go to the Auto cross section here on CF and read up. BTW, it's very additictive.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 automatic in autocross?

Quick Reply: C4 automatic in autocross?