C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

corvette interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 AM
brianrparker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette interior

i just bought my first better 1985 with 73k org miles. anyways im looking at replacing the steering wheel and seats i also found some cheap dash trims.

how would this look. 2 toned racing bucket seats (black, Red) red dash trim. 2 toned black and red steering wheel and pedal covers. Red and black shifter *** 4+3 (if i can find it) and then new red paint job on the outside.

if you guys could think of other colors that would go well with the 1985 corvette tell me cause im not set on black and red quiet yet.

ive always wanted a 2toned interior car like that and i found a killer deal on this corvette with a straight body and a strong engine. the interior just needs some work.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:40 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will give you an idea of black and red two-tone interior:

Old 02-15-2008, 06:47 AM
PAINTER MAN
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I know some guys have painted their dash cover, but it caused a bad reflection in the windshield. Black seems to be the best color for it.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I have done, so far on my 86 Coupe. When I bought it, it had this hideous blue interior that was very worn out (no offense to those that like their blue interior, just wasn't for me):

From here, I yanked just about everything out and am about 70% done with the interior swap. I have replaced all of the plastic panels that are available still (luckily, that means all the blue is gone). I am going to red carpet with black leather seats (Corbeau A4's) and black trim. The door panels (once I rebuild my doors...replacing window regulators on both sides) will be black with red carpeting on the lower section, to give a 2 tone look). Here are some pictures so far:

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM
VetteStir
Instructor

Is that the original exterior color of the car? It definetly looks better with the red and black interior.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
brianrparker
Advanced

Originally Posted by MostWanted

wow that looks amazing. my carpet is black and its brand new but hopfully it will go with the seats and stuff
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
AssocRacer
Instructor

Who makes those seats and where did you get them from? I especially love the C4 emblem embroidered into the headrest. Unfortunately, my car is light bronze/dark bronze two tone so i'm limited to interior color and i seriously do not have the money to replace the entire interior, but I would be interested in replace the seats if i could get ones like those for a decent price in either all black or black/light bronze.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:37 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VetteStir
Is that the original exterior color of the car? It definetly looks better with the red and black interior.
Yeah, it was white from the factory. Previous owner had just gotten the car repainted white (a truck had backed into the door of the car). Shop did a pretty good job on the paint, too. Disassembled most of it to repaint...one of the reasons the door panels are off. The shop did fine with the paint, but when the previous owner got the car back, the door panels were warped and in bad shape. So, with already needing door panels and new carpet and seats, it was the perfect time to change color. Thanks, I am liking it a lot better too.

As for my comment about the hideous blue...in certain colors or in different condition, it might look good. I have not seen pictures of the blue interior in good condition, only the condition that my Vette was in. And that, everyone has to admit, was in pretty bad shape.

AssocRacer...I believe MostWanted's seats are the factory 94-96 seats with the two tone leather package that a lot of aftermarket Corvette companies are doing. Here is a link to Mid America's: http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-3-52-3972.html
As for the emblem, I don't know if that was custom done after or with the covers. I am sure MostWanted will let us all know.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
staugur
Drifting

You might want to look at these.Crazy cheap but they hit you on the shipping but still a good deal I think.At your favorite auction site.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:14 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

My biggest concern about the seats Staugur posted are the seat adjustors on the sides. With the factory seat belts, I had to mount my Corbeau A4's on opposite sides (driver on pass side, pass on driver side). The lever that Corbeau uses to tilt the seat backs is now located next to the center tunnel. You can get to the lever ok, but it is tight. To have a **** there, I think you would have even a harder time trying to adjust the seat back, as I think the **** might rub on the center console. Now, if you are getting rid of your factory seat belts and going with harnesses (illegal for driving on the road in most states), then you would be fine.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Hi Guys, We just posted in a thread we started about us now doing C4 interiors.
If your interested this is what we do.

Sorry but since we just started doing the C4 interiors, I only have C5 & C6 shots.

Choose from 10 beautifull finishes

To save money, we will use your existing trim parts. We can remove minor marks & scratches! Your left with a new looking show quality interior.
If your interested give us a call 1800 778 9898

I'll be posting a thread about soon
Thanks
Laura

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
AssocRacer
Instructor

Originally Posted by QuikZilver
Yeah, it was white from the factory. Previous owner had just gotten the car repainted white (a truck had backed into the door of the car). Shop did a pretty good job on the paint, too. Disassembled most of it to repaint...one of the reasons the door panels are off. The shop did fine with the paint, but when the previous owner got the car back, the door panels were warped and in bad shape. So, with already needing door panels and new carpet and seats, it was the perfect time to change color. Thanks, I am liking it a lot better too.

As for my comment about the hideous blue...in certain colors or in different condition, it might look good. I have not seen pictures of the blue interior in good condition, only the condition that my Vette was in. And that, everyone has to admit, was in pretty bad shape.

AssocRacer...I believe MostWanted's seats are the factory 94-96 seats with the two tone leather package that a lot of aftermarket Corvette companies are doing. Here is a link to Mid America's: http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-3-52-3972.html
As for the emblem, I don't know if that was custom done after or with the covers. I am sure MostWanted will let us all know.
Bummer, wrong years for my car, mine is an 85.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 PM
MostWanted
Drifting

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
Who makes those seats and where did you get them from? I especially love the C4 emblem embroidered into the headrest. Unfortunately, my car is light bronze/dark bronze two tone so i'm limited to interior color and i seriously do not have the money to replace the entire interior, but I would be interested in replace the seats if i could get ones like those for a decent price in either all black or black/light bronze.
I got them from http://www.alknochinteriors.com/ It took a while to get them but as you can see it was well worth it. It cost me $900 for the set of covers on new foam. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 PM
brianrparker
Advanced

that looks amazing. i showed that to my grandma and she told me before my grandpa died he had a friend that rebuilt model-ts and reo or somthing like that. well we drove up to his shop and he had a model t that he was doing the interior for. and i got to talking with him about puting bucket seats into my car and he said since the corvettes arent the roomyest cars you might want to make sure the seats you buy will fit into the car. did you have any problems when you put those seats in?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by brianrparker
that looks amazing. i showed that to my grandma and she told me before my grandpa died he had a friend that rebuilt model-ts and reo or somthing like that. well we drove up to his shop and he had a model t that he was doing the interior for. and i got to talking with him about puting bucket seats into my car and he said since the corvettes arent the roomyest cars you might want to make sure the seats you buy will fit into the car. did you have any problems when you put those seats in?
I think those are the stock seats for the car just new seat covers (and maybe new foam).
Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
brianrparker
Advanced

Originally Posted by teebee1994
I think those are the stock seats for the car just new seat covers (and maybe new foam).
will universal bucket seats fit you think?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:44 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by brianrparker
will universal bucket seats fit you think?
Doubtful...you can go with Corbeau A4's and most of the other Corbeau line. That is what I have in mine. Or, if you want that same style, check on eBay for someone selling a pair of 94-96 seats. That is what those seats are. Then, have them recovered in the color combo you want.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
brianrparker
Advanced

Originally Posted by QuikZilver
Doubtful...you can go with Corbeau A4's and most of the other Corbeau line. That is what I have in mine. Or, if you want that same style, check on eBay for someone selling a pair of 94-96 seats. That is what those seats are. Then, have them recovered in the color combo you want.

yeah but do you no how much recovering is. i have the seats in my car atm. im heading down to pep boys and auto zone soon to check out what they have. but im looking for a cheap nice fix atm but later ill probly just recover my current seats.

Get notified of new replies

To corvette interior

Quick Reply: corvette interior