93 Power Seat Control Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 93 Power Seat Control Light

New C4 owner and loving it.

Is there a way to change the illumination light in the power seat control? My drivers side is out but the passenger side does work. I tilted the seat control module up but did not see any type of bulb. I looks like you have to remove the wiring along with the seat controls to completely remove the module
Thanks in advance

93 Coupe, Torch Red In and Out
Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Are you sure your not seeing the light from the mirror shining down on it?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 AM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
Are you sure your not seeing the light from the mirror shining down on it?
At night. Parking or headlights turned on, mirror light off. Passenger seat control illuminated, drivers seat control is not illuminated. Selective ride control is also illuminated. Interior lights adjusted to full illumination.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Arkybill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

94 LT1 is what I have. It has NO light for the seat control-I don't have a power passenger seat,it's manual. But, the driver's seat is power, and it has NO light.

bill
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 AM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

OK, does anyones drivers seat control illuminate?

I would hate to take something apart thinking I'm going to fix it to find out that there is nothing there to fix.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1561897696

That is a "mood light" that I believe you are talking about. The mirror has an interior light and it also has a
'mood light" is this what you are seeing?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

Am going to kind of answer my own question.

Received my 93 FSM yesterday so had some good reading with coffee this morning.

There is an illumination light inside the Power Seat Controls, both driver and passenger. Bulb part number is GM# 10148002. The FSM shows two bulbs in each control. The Selective Ride Control bulb part number is GM# 10159560.

Seat control will have to be removed and disassembled. FSM covers the removal but not disassembly of the switch. Guess they figure that it is not repairable and should just be replaced. Go figure!

Will have to remove my seats but need to anyways to get a good cleaning done down there.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by WingsOfSaturn
OK, does anyones drivers seat control illuminate?

I would hate to take something apart thinking I'm going to fix it to find out that there is nothing there to fix.
My 91 does same controls. Underneath each seat control is a small bulb burried under the wiring. Two wires lead to each light socket. You should see two empty sockets one per side look above the sockets and you will see the actual light sockets. If you have the FX3 option the underside of the control the center of that unit has a slotted round tab that turns to the left to revel its micro bulb as well. GC
Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Am going to kind of answer my own question.

Received my 93 FSM yesterday so had some good reading with coffee this morning.

There is an illumination light inside the Power Seat Controls, both driver and passenger. Bulb part number is GM# 10148002. The FSM shows two bulbs in each control. The Selective Ride Control bulb part number is GM# 10159560.

Well I'll be never knew they were there. I guess I gotta read my FSM more often. 20 lashes for me
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM
byedan
Racer

so do all c4's have this lighting for the seat swithces
Old 04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
shadowman1
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

New C4 owner and loving it.

Is there a way to change the illumination light in the power seat control? My drivers side is out but the passenger side does work. I tilted the seat control module up but did not see any type of bulb. I looks like you have to remove the wiring along with the seat controls to completely remove the module
Thanks in advance

93 Coupe, Torch Red In and Out
Look at what you started!! Now everyone is going to run home and cheak their lights!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Made me go out a fix my mirror and door "mood lights" Dang if I didn't break the clip I didn't even need to take out on the mirror, Oh well thats what they make epoxy for. The whole right side of the light pops out to access the bulb I did not need to pull the lens out. I will be checking the seat switches when my new console arrives though.....
Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 PM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shadowman1
Look at what you started!! Now everyone is going to run home and cheak their lights!
Sorry, my bad! All is well in the world when you don't know you have something. But when you find out that you have something and it DOES NOT work. Bugs the heck out of ya. Kind of like getting a new toy for Christmas that you can't play with.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 AM
03blackburb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have to check, I know for a fact that my seat control does not light. Does anyone have a write up on how to remove the control from the console?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Mine light up WooooHoo
Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
carllangford
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a 94 with sport seats. The power seat switch only controls the drivers side. The lumbar switch only controls the passenger side. The seat select switch (beside the lumbar) switch does not appear to be working. Can you pass along the procedure for removing the seat control switches (module)? thanks...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
carllangford
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Found Problem

From reading another post I found that two wiring harneses underneath drivers seat were swapped. Also found air supply tube to drivers seat disconnected. Apparently someone before me had taken the seat out and not put it back properly.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 Power Seat Control Light

Old 04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
WingsOfSaturn
Intermediate

Default Replacing Power Seat Control Illumination Lamp

I now have my seat control lights working. What a PITA to replace a $1.50 part, but it was worth it I guess. Will attempt to write the procedure and attach a picture.

1. Remove console cover to access seat switches.
2. Remove 4 screws and tilt the power switch backwards.
(I removed the switches and wiring since I had my seats out but you should be able to tilt the switch backwards to access the lamps)
3. There is one lamp in each switch. FSM shows two but I only had one. Remove lamp socket by twisting. One side went clockwise and the other went counterclockwise. I used a pair of tweezers as the socket is recessed. See attached pic. Pic has the drivers lamp out, passenger lamp still in.
4. Pull out bad lamp and replace. The ones available at Advance Auto (Sylvania 37's) did not work. They were too long even though they fit into the socket. I went to a local "non-franchised" parts store and showed the old dude behind the counter what I needed. Heck the lamp is so small you need a magnifing glass to see it. This "parts guy" says "Heck yea, but we usually only sell 2 or 3 of those every year cause they usually last forever". Went right to his bin and pulled out the right one. I suggest replacing both if you have a power passenger seat as you probably don't want to do this too often. The part number on my receipt for the 2 lamps I got was #70
4. Put everything back together the way you found it.

I now "See The Light"!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...SeatSwitch.jpg

The following users liked this post:
LukaszB (01-06-2022)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:31 AM
dayle97se
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Can anyone with a 92 or 93 FSM confirm the source of the gray wire in the seat switch harness? That wire powers the nighttime illumination bulb inside the seat switches. I'm adding them to the 96 C4, which doesn't have the gray wire.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:24 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dayle97se
Can anyone with a 92 or 93 FSM confirm the source of the gray wire in the seat switch harness? That wire powers the nighttime illumination bulb inside the seat switches. I'm adding them to the 96 C4, which doesn't have the gray wire.
In the cars w/lights the source is a splice for all interior that includes the gray to the PRNDL lamp. 8A-117-1 in your '96 FSM should answer the question, the PRNDL illumination is well marked.

Quick Reply: 93 Power Seat Control Light