Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Removing antenna C4

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Eakster
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PO may not have hooked up the power signal lead from the new stereo system. You may end up replacing your antenna and it still not work. Can you ask the PO about this?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
pkazsr
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bob88vette
A quick search of the forum turns up alot of threads on antenna replacement. Usually it's the plastic ribbon attached to the mast that is either stripped/worn or broken. Stripped ones are a 15 minute deal to replace. Broken ones usually mean there are pieces left in the motor. Plan on couple hours.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...t=antenna+mast

and

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...=185&TopicID=2
Hi Bob
Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 PM
RikkLea
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Antenna Replacement

Good Job to JD5840! I would add that I have done it both ways. I think that removing the rear tail lights is easier, however you MUST remove the two bottom screws from the antenna FIRST, then remove the mast nut. Once you have done these two things, simply pull the antenna away from the mounting bracket.

In my case, I removed the mounting bracket to simplify removing the antenna out one of the tail-light holes so I could drill the rivets and remove the nylon antenna gear for replacement. I then put some gasket sealer around the edge, put screws in instead of rivets, put a large zip tie to hold it together well, and wrapped some electrical tape for good measure.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:21 PM
MrDoctorProfessorTim
4th Gear

Default 87 Antenna Won't Go Down

So I've tried getting to it through the taillights, but removing them is hellish. I've decided to check other websites and came across this: http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/vemp-0203-c4-corvette-antenna-repair/
Is this correct in saying that I should cut the wires? As of now, we could remove the antenna if it wasn't for the wires... So should I disconnect or cut them?
Old 07-07-2015, 03:32 AM
Island Cruiser
5th Gear

Default Antenna Falls Out

My '86 C4 antenna stays up. It falls over the fender (still attached) when the tuner is turned on, and reels back in to extended position when turned off. It's an aftermarket stereo that came with the car. Anybody familiar with this problem?

Last edited by Island Cruiser; 07-07-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:45 PM
Franklin Hu
Cruising

I did this, but then how do you open the case. It looks like plastic rivets melted on.

Quick Reply: Removing antenna C4