C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Gauges wont light

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Tazman6789
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges wont light

I work for a garage we have a 86 corvette in the garage the problem we are having is with the digital cluster. Once in a while the bulbs wont light up if u tap the bulb they come on. This only works for 2 of the 4 bulbs though. The two bulbs that light up the top half of the cluster just wont come on. absolutly NOBODY i can find has these bulbs even the dealership. Do you guys know if these bulbs are even sold anywhere? does the bulb come out just as a bulb or is it a bulb and socket in the cluster. If its a socket assebly how do you get the thing out of there? Someone tried to remove the bulb and just the bulb pulled out but the dealership dosnt have any bulbs to match it. Any clues where i can find these bulbs at? Dealer had one bulb that looked like the one we have but it was a brake light bulb idk if i wanna put it in there and risk it getting hot and melting things, or blowing fuses pulling too much power. the customer wants the entire cluster to light up and im completely out of ideas what to do with this thing. Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
floridamale
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this might be of help
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1115

Quick Reply: Gauges wont light