Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 12:43 AM
87-2NV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible

My rear window cracked from age and the cold when I was folding it back to get to the rear compartment. It is my understanding from a back Vette Mag. article you can convert from the plastic rear window top to a later year glass window top, with an adapter kit. I assume the kit allows the top to fold down differently to accommodate the glass vs the fold in the plastic window. If you have made the change are you happy with the out come? What was the total cost to convert? Dave.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:19 PM
chaos on wheels
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible (87-2NV)

Yup. I replaced my plastic window a few years ago (previous owner had ripped the window...). Bought all the parts from Mid America(?? I don't remember, might have been Ecklers). The retrofit kit went in easily, but gluing the top down was a pain. None of the weatherstripping survived, so that all had to be replaced as well. Cost an arm and a leg; but I think it's worth it. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Default Re: Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible (87-2NV)

Yes, it can be done. Kind of expensive, but worth it. A novice can do it. check out: http://www.corvetteforum.cc/techtips...=117&TopicID=2

Get notified of new replies

To Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible

Quick Reply: Has Any One Changed The Plastic Rear Window to Glass on their Convertible