Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

ZR1 suspension differences

Old 01-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Bilster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZR1 suspension differences

I am building a Cobra kit that utilizes C4 suspension. The whole C4 front suspension cradle, for instance, bolts right up to the frame. I have the opportunity to purchase a complete C4 suspension cradle and all attached parts from a 1990 ZR1. Dimensionally speaking, is there any difference between the C4 ZR1 suspension and any other 1990 C4 suspension? Another way of looking at it would be could you take a 1990 ZR1 cradle and suspension and bolt it under your standard C4 Corvette?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,016 Posts

You'll have no problems with the suspension install so long as it's what your kit calls for! It's the same stuff!

I'm guessing you're using coil-overs so you've no concern for the spring rate difference ZR-1/LT5 vs. a conventional build C4. There's no "plus" to the build but I expect you could hang a "ZR-1 badge" on it's "tail" and "boast" ZR-1 suspension on a build record!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Great place to start

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...usp_chart.html
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Bilster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WVZR-1,
That's the information I was looking for. The frame has mounting holes for the C4 suspension cradle. I'm not actually using coil overs, though I might in the future. The springs that come with the kit replace the stock C4 springs. They are a special run of fiberglass spring made by Vette Brakes especially for this Everett-Morrison kit.

Brian,
I've seen that chart. Thanks. I was needing information on the dimensions of the assembly, not so much spring rates. I was afraid that the ZR1 suspension cradle was different to accomodate the much larger LT5 motor.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 suspension differences

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR1 suspension differences