Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (a glimmer of hope)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Default C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (a glimmer of hope)

If you have been following along, here's the latest. The adjustor hired by their company came out to see the car this morning. He took a lot of pictures and used my build sheet and window sticker for options etc. (doesn't hurt to let him see that it was over $40k when new). He was pretty knowledgeable and told me that the condition of the car was exceptional with the only minus being the wear on the side bolsters of the seats. He worked at a dealership and said that they used to call cars like mine "dealer ready" meaning nothing would have to be done with it. It would go straight to the lot if it were traded. Within 48 hours, I should have some idea what that will mean in dollars. Maybe that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train after all. On a side note, my neck and back seem to be getting worse instead of better. Treatments are up to three times a week now. They are estimating about a one month recovery. :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 03-05-2002, 06:33 PM
SlowJoe
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (Aerovette)

They tend to be nicer to you when they are worried about medical lawsuits.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:11 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (SlowJoe)

the number one rule to remember when you are dealing with an insurance adjuster---IF YOU ARE AN butt, THEY ARE AN butt---.be cool and you will be fine.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:19 PM
bigdan
Drifting

Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (stillthere)

the number one rule to remember when you are dealing with an insurance adjuster---IF YOU ARE AN butt, THEY ARE AN butt---.be cool and you will be fine.
why do they censor *** with butt? an *** is a donkey even in that vernacular. that's not cursing.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:53 PM
35th
Drifting

Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (bigdan)

Good luck, I hope they give U a fair ajustment. :cheers: :seeya
Old 03-06-2002, 09:58 PM
zyal8r
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (Aerovette)

Jeff, I have been following, and I don't know what to say. I have not been able to put the words together - it breaks my heart to see such a beautiful car torn from its owner like this, and worse, knowing how much it has to hurt. I'm the same way, if something would happen to mine, I would be devastated.

Many people will say it's just a car, even a lot of people here on this great forum. It is a car. But it's something that a good number of us put our hearts and souls into, and as a result, it's valuable to us. Losing that hurts, and that's all there is to it. Those people will never understand.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss, but am glad you're mostly alright. If it helps any, the few people I've known who have had their cars totaled have come out really well from their insurance settlements.

Good luck :seeya

Mike
Old 03-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Default Re: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (zyal8r)

Thanks Mike. I should know something soon ( a day or two). In the mean time, I am having a friend help me get my 90 T-bird going again and it looks like it will be my hold over until I can get some crossed flags back under me.

Yanni,
Yes I am going to a chiropractor, against all I believe in. I went because this particular one does sprts therapy and also helped my fiance feel better. I am giving it until this Friday and then I am going to see an Orthopedic doctor. I just want to feel better.

By the way, I went to dinner tonight and ended up sitting about four tables from the other party in the accident. Can you say "awkward"? :eek:
Old 03-06-2002, 11:20 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

By the way, I went to dinner tonight and ended up sitting about four tables from the other party in the accident. Can you say "awkward"? :eek:
Did you grab your neck a lot? ;) Just kidding, I hope all ends up well!!!

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (a glimmer of hope)

Quick Reply: C4 Eulogy and the Adjustor (a glimmer of hope)