Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Non Gel Battery? Battery Container?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
CaptKirk
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non Gel Battery? Battery Container?

Now that I've been through a Red Top and two Orbital batteries, I'm getting tired of shelling out major dollars for a battery every couple of years just after they are out of warranty. I've been thinking about getting a "regular" battery, but I'm still concerned about them leaking. Some posts in the forum have stated that these leaking problems have now been solved, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can remember seeing a battery in another car (can't remember which one) that had a plastic container around the battery to catch any leaks. I've thought about trying this but the problem is that the C5 batteries clamp down around the bottom. Has anyone tried this or have a solution?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
jnealg
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

After several failings of the Optima batteries, I have switched over to Sears Platinum Plus without fail for almost 5 years now. Its still gel but IMHO much better built that Optima.

I understand that Odyssey also makes a superb battery.

This is all in my Rock crawler Jeep which is very rough on batteries. There is no way my Vette is going to give it a tougher life so I am just waiting for its to fail and I will be back at sears again.

I had cell failures after about 13 months on 3 Optima Redtops. after the last one I ditched it.

Quick Reply: Non Gel Battery? Battery Container?