C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need Help!!!!New C4 owner...right turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
69rag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!!New C4 owner...right turn signal not working

Anyone know why all my lights are working, but when I signal right the lights come on, but they don't signal. My turn signal inside goes on as well but just stays on and does not blink.
I just put two new front turn signal lights in, because the right one appeared to be out.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
C4boy
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the turn signal indicator lights up on your dash but doesn't flash, you need a new flasher.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
C4boy
Melting Slicks

Sorry, just re-read. Is it only one side that doesn't flash? Then check all the directional bulbs on that side. Do your hazzard lights work?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
69rag
Racer

Originally Posted by C4boy
If the turn signal indicator lights up on your dash but doesn't flash, you need a new flasher.
Is that an easy fix, or costly????
Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 PM
69rag
Racer

Sorry, just re-read. Is it only one side that doesn't flash? Then check all the directional bulbs on that side. Do your hazzard lights work?
I'l check right now
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
69rag
Racer

Originally Posted by 69rag
I'l check right now
hazards work but the right side front seems to be less bright than the left when it flashes. If I signal right first, then quickly signal left, I get a half a click and then it freezes.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
lostnfoundC4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hazards work but the right side front seems to be less bright than the left when it flashes. If I signal right first, then quickly signal left, I get a half a click and then it freezes.
I had this happen to me. Mine was a short in the wire harness at the front right running light if I can remember correctly. I noticed it after replacing a fog lamp so I knew it had to be around there. I isolated it by moving the jiggling the harness and connectors for the right side markers, fog lights and running lights. Hope this helps
Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
C4boy
Melting Slicks

Put your turn signals on for each side or put your hazard lights on and walk around the car to see if any aren't flashing. If all lights are flashing but 1 or 2, replace the bad bulbs that aren't flashing or check the sockets for crud..

If nothing blinks or they blink real slow, replace the flasher - $5. On a C4, it should be behind the center display where your check engine light is.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 PM
69rag
Racer

Thanks, I'll try those thigs and see what happens..
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

wrong bulb installed
Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
69rag
Racer

Thanks, I'll try those thigs and see what happens..
Awsome, I went back out tried everything, pulled the bulb and reset it, and it now works...I had not set the bulb in all the way, just enough to make contact....dah....:crazy
Thanks guys...
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Uss Iowa
Navigator

Default same somewhat problem

This is my first post...
Im having a problem along those lines, my driver blinker works fine when the headlights are OFF, for the passenger blinkers, all lights come on in the rear minus the rear side lights though it does flash. when i turn the headlights on they stop flashing all together, and the dash dims as well as the AC control lights flash in the opposite timing. The hazards work and i just replaced the third light socket and light b/c the old one was rusted in. So the right blinker stops flashing when the headlights are on, but when off all the lights flash. Think it may be bad wiring job? or the flasher.. checked to make sure light was in all the way and tight and it is.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Uss Iowa
This is my first post...
Im having a problem along those lines, my driver blinker works fine when the headlights are OFF, for the passenger blinkers, all lights come on in the rear minus the rear side lights though it does flash. when i turn the headlights on they stop flashing all together, and the dash dims as well as the AC control lights flash in the opposite timing. The hazards work and i just replaced the third light socket and light b/c the old one was rusted in. So the right blinker stops flashing when the headlights are on, but when off all the lights flash. Think it may be bad wiring job? or the flasher.. checked to make sure light was in all the way and tight and it is.
Check your ground connections, i think you may be getting a back feed sounds like a bad ground??? Check the ground wires on the top/front frame near your hood hinges??
Good luck
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Awsome, I went back out tried everything, pulled the bulb and reset it, and it now works...I had not set the bulb in all the way, just enough to make contact....dah....:crazy
Thanks guys...
Yes i have come across that in the past also if one globe does not work
Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Uss Iowa
Navigator

Originally Posted by gerardvg
Check your ground connections, i think you may be getting a back feed sounds like a bad ground??? Check the ground wires on the top/front frame near your hood hinges??
Good luck
ive checked all the wires and connections on the specified spots, however i am not familiar with electrical work... am i looking for the spot where all the grounds come together or where the ground connects to the frame like you said?
the location where all the grounds seems to be fine, but like i said i am not familiar with electrical, will i be able to see a problem or need to jiggle the wires around to see if it stops? i isolated which wire is the problem when i changed the socket, it is the black ground but dunno where it is from there.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Uss Iowa
Navigator

problem solved... also had the wrong light bulb in there... amazing just the wrong bulb can do that

Last edited by Uss Iowa; 10-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Maxo
Intermediate

Default FLASHER OR SWITCH or BULB ??

I'l check right now
Yes in my case...all hazards work and blinking just fine. As I mentioned the right side blinker bulbs (front and back) do not blink but they stay on, the green dash indicator light also does the same, stays on.

Before I tear out the dash I want to make sure someone else out there had the same situtation.

Max

Last edited by Maxo; 05-20-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: added a word

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help!!!!New C4 owner...right turn signal not working

Old 05-21-2015, 09:20 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

before you tear out the dash, make sure the bulbs are good and are the right ones yours uses a 1056, not the usual 1057
Old 05-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Maxo
Intermediate

Default Problem solved {Flasher } New problem Help !

69rag and C4boy got it right, it was the turn signal flasher, Thank You guys. I had an Idea that was the problem....I needed confrimation before I went through the trouble of uncovering the right underdash cover and hunted for the well hidden flasher.

Now I have a new one. When I took down the under dash cover I noticed coolant leaking from a black box up by the firewall. Please help.
Max
Old 05-25-2015, 07:21 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxo
69rag and C4boy got it right, it was the turn signal flasher, Thank You guys. I had an Idea that was the problem....I needed confrimation before I went through the trouble of uncovering the right underdash cover and hunted for the well hidden flasher.

Now I have a new one. When I took down the under dash cover I noticed coolant leaking from a black box up by the firewall. Please help.
Max
By pass the heater core by hooking the heater hoses back to each other in the engine bay.Then look for a heater core then start learning a bunch of new words.

Quick Reply: Need Help!!!!New C4 owner...right turn signal not working