big wave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love that - Might do that to my c-bore as well.. GREAT VIDEO--
Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

The video says, "We take a perfectly good '85 Corvette".
I don 't think suspension pieces are generally taken from "perfectly good" donor cars. However, if you are taking this to a higher level, I will take a wait and see attitude as the C4 is one of a dwindling supply of cars that can actually be rodded the old fashioned way. Not on topic, but sad to see HOT ROD's main content is Foose type stuff and nostalgia. Happily there is still PHR.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 PM
uxb101
Racer

"have at it"= Subscription Cancellation
Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say ban them both from the site! They are not adding anything positive to the forum.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:33 PM
uxb101
Racer

tearing a car apart wearing sandals and sunglasses... hot dog rag
Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Freiburger
And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
Dear Mr. Freiburger...

You don't have a clue about the Corvette or the Corvette Brotherhood. For perhaps most of us, owning one has been a childhood dream - a dream held almost reverently until the day we could afford one. They are our passion. They have a long history of performance development and were the pinnacle of performance in their time. All deserve to be restored if need be. I dare say you have offended most of us here, especially on the C4 forums.

CF was initially owned by an fellow Corvette enthusiast. However, this forum was later purchased by a consortium of vendors; HR being one now as well, apparently. When that happened, it was no longer "our house", but "your house". Were it still our CF forum, you would be considered the rude, crude, newcomer, tracking mud on the carpet and be invited to leave!!

But, now it's your house and you can do as you please. You can let old garbage pile up and stinking in the living room, leave your dirty underwear lying on the floor for all to see... I've never felt welcome here since the take-over: like walking on egg shells, or constantly being "in the cross hairs"...And I'm not alone!

Well...You have a lot of fence mending to do around here. But, it's your house. You are free to trash it if you want. But, please excuse me while I clean off my shoe on the way out. (It seems like I stepped in something gooey and stinky that was lying on your living room carpet.)

As far was what you do with the C4 chassis you destroyed the C4 for...I have have a suggestion where you could put it.

P.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:10 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

And what if I told you all that we're going to make that thing outrun a new Corvette for dirt cheap? That was a teaser vid...not the whole story. On purpose. More to come.

None of you would have bought a single body or interior part off of that thing. Maybe the hood and lights. The top was crazed, nose cracked, rear hatch cracked and gross tinted, interior totally disgusting. It had been flooded.

I don't see Corvette guys getting irate when street rodders buy cheap C4s, rob the suspension, and send them to the junkyard. Does that mean they hate all C4s? The difference is that we had some fun being buffoons, and we're actually using the entire chassis? OK. We made it go faster and look better for no money. That's hot rodding.

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Actually I'm not going to get all upset with what you did considering your explanation. I'll take you as a man of your word.

But I would get upset if someone stripped a suspension off a perfectly fine C4 and then trashed the rest of it.

That's like taking a 440 engine out of a 70 Charger and then trashing the Charger.

kind of a waste if you ask me.

Let us see the finished product if you would please!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:23 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
Actually I'm not going to get all upset with what you did considering your explanation. I'll take you as a man of your word.

But I would get upset if someone stripped a suspension off a perfectly fine C4 and then trashed the rest of it.

That's like taking a 440 engine out of a 70 Charger and then trashing the Charger.

kind of a waste if you ask me.

I think the finished product will join the rest of the parts in that dumpster. If they couldn't afford rims how can they afford anything else.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jeffp1167
I think the finished product will join the rest of the parts in that dumpster. If they couldn't afford rims how can they afford anything else.
that's why I asked to see the finished product. I want to keep him honest or prove his douche baggedness
Old 07-17-2010, 01:30 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This is obviously a joke. They are just trying to get a reaction out of us and its working. Stop putting fuel on the the fire.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Bronze85
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Definitely the wrong forum for that post, besides being completely unprofessional for journalists. "Thats hotrodding" Where? Maybe Architecture and Design magazine can have some "buffoon" fun as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Loby 1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers
This is obviously a joke. They are just trying to get a reaction out of us and its working. Stop putting fuel on the the fire.
The joke is on them if the subscriptions are flying out the window.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Road Agent
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com

Mr. Furburger you are clueless!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 142 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by PLRX
Are they legit hot rod magazine people?
That was definitely David Freiburger in the video.
So, I will assume the "Freiburger" that posted the explanation in this thread was also him.

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97

I've met and talked with David on past Power Tours.
He is definitely a "car guy".

We've all see people do worse things to cars. And I'd bet if that was a Mustang in that video we'd all be laughing our as* off.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4
That was definitely David Freiburger in the video.
So, I will assume the "Freiburger" that posted the explanation in this thread was also him.

I've met and talked with David on past Power Tours.
He is definitely a "car guy".

We've all see people do worse things to cars. And I'd bet if that was a Mustang in that video we'd all be laughing our as* off.
Laughing, heck we'ld be calling up asking if we could take a whack. I personally think that poor C4 was past saving anyway.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Have at it.

David Freiburger
Editor In Chief
Hot Rod Magazine
HotRod@hotrod.com
LMFAO Turdburger, I would call you FIRED, because you you guys have just sabotaged your own rep as a legitimate hot rod mag.

I think it's funny you joined a forum just to promote more, and it turned out to be advertising in bad taste, and counterproductive.

If you're not a troll, you should stop now, because this is just getting pathetic with you mudding up the place.

HOT ROD, you really hurt my feelings this time
Now I don't know what to do That 85 was treasure
Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

NUT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay in tune....

Get notified of new replies

To Hot rod magazine c4 track video

Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

Originally Posted by pologreen1

I think it's funny you joined a forum just to promote more, and it turned out to be advertising in bad taste, and counterproductive.
Actually they do seem to be trying to promote their magazine and since they don't appear to be supporting vendors..........

Old 07-17-2010, 10:44 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue 92
Actually they do seem to be trying to promote their magazine and since they don't appear to be supporting vendors..........

And we all know the deal with that
Old 07-17-2010, 10:54 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Are these the dumb asses, that wanted some free rims for the 85 vette.

What a couple of jag offs.
YUP!. I believe he said that some of us would not like what they were going to do to a C4

Quick Reply: Hot rod magazine c4 track video