C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Looking for C4 Targa Top

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM
jlas1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for C4 Targa Top

I am looking for a Smoke or Blue Targa top for my '95.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Tom@Zip
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C4 Corvette Roof Panels

If you are looking for new or remanufactured, we have both.

Give me a call if you have any questions,
Tom 1-800-962-9632 ext 240.
Corvette Tech Articles | Corvette Parts Blog
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Avoid Astro Top and Melrose.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
jlas1
Cruising

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by joshwilson3
I appreciate the information and will avoid them. Do you know the best place to get one?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
hooked073
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a top from a company not to long ago they are certified by GM. They are a small company so they are not massed produced. They are usaly built as ordered. They use only the scratch resistance glass. I love the top and qulity. I need a new top bad becasue my old top started leaking 3 days before vacation. They built me one and had it to me the morning I was supposed to leave. Their price was less then most of the places I looked at and as far as I can tell. The quality seems very good. Contact me if you want more information. Do not think we are supposed to list no supporting vendors on here.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hooked073
I purchased a top from a company not to long ago they are certified by GM. They are a small company so they are not massed produced. They are usaly built as ordered. They use only the scratch resistance glass. I love the top and qulity. I need a new top bad becasue my old top started leaking 3 days before vacation. They built me one and had it to me the morning I was supposed to leave. Their price was less then most of the places I looked at and as far as I can tell. The quality seems very good. Contact me if you want more information. Do not think we are supposed to list no supporting vendors on here.
I think you can mention the name of the company at least.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jlas1
I appreciate the information and will avoid them. Do you know the best place to get one?
I've heard good things of sunroofdoctor. I haven't gotten a top from them though.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know people have had problems with Astro Top, but I've only seen good comments about Melrose. Have they gone downhill too?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jrzvette
I know people have had problems with Astro Top, but I've only seen good comments about Melrose. Have they gone downhill too?
I had Melrose rebuild my top. I checked it for tightness and Melrose said it was fine. It warped after a few months. Then cracked a few months after that. So, it wasn't even a year old yet. Melrose's response was for me to buy a new top from them as they like to run down a list of things to blame the customer. Plus Melrose decided to publicly slander a customer for posting about a bad Melrose top.

I had read of other people having the same problem with Melrose tops warping and cracking in the same place as mine, and they had theirs installed by Melrose. The Astro Top was on there for at least 7 years before I noticed the top was seperating from the frame. I just had Melrose put a new lense on the old frame.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
jlas1
Cruising

Default Thanks

I had Melrose rebuild my top. I checked it for tightness and Melrose said it was fine. It warped after a few months. Then cracked a few months after that. So, it wasn't even a year old yet. Melrose's response was for me to buy a new top from them as they like to run down a list of things to blame the customer. Plus Melrose decided to publicly slander a customer for posting about a bad Melrose top.

I had read of other people having the same problem with Melrose tops warping and cracking in the same place as mine, and they had theirs installed by Melrose. The Astro Top was on there for at least 7 years before I noticed the top was seperating from the frame. I just had Melrose put a new lense on the old frame.
I really appreciate the feedback I have had 6 Vettes, 57,62,67,70,72 and the 95 which I am not as familiar with.
Thanks, Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for C4 Targa Top

Quick Reply: Looking for C4 Targa Top