Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

How to remove tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought KImmer did a nice job of ilistrating to a fellow member what he was up against.Kudos KImmer
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Actually Vetteoz posted it originaly.

Last edited by kimmer; 02-17-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM
GDP
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uuuuh I think you guys all got trolled by Z-07 'cause I'm pretty sure he was JOKING.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Vette in White
2nd Gear

Default Big thanks

A big thanks for whoever it was who posted up the photo of the rear bumper on the kitchen floor (vetteoz? was it?)
That was brilliant! thanks for taking the time to do that.

I am from Australia, so have to change the lights for compliancing, so was awesome to see what it looks like off the car...Saved me taking mine off.

I just joined this forum today, and I cant believe how much helpful info there is on here. You guys are awesome, keep up the good work.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Vette in White
2nd Gear

Default Euro / Australian rear lights compliance

G'Day again,
For those who are in the same boat as me and have to have a orange rear indicator to meet compliancing, I thought I would share my lateral thinking solution.

I looked everywhere for an amber lens to no avail, the guys at the corvette club didnt know of any and said they are hard to find. (Is it true no one is making them at the moment?) I also scoured the net to see if I could buy from U.S. but didnt find.

I came across some lighting brochures and was looking for anything round, and the size of my C4 lights. What I found amazed me.
I found some tralier lights that fit the bill exactly! They were LED and had an outer ring of red, inner ring of orange and red disk reflector in the middle. Super $exy and look like they are made for the Vette!

I am currently fabricating a bracket assembly for mounting and will post up a photo when they are in the car. Happy to share my bracket template with anyone should you want to go the same path...

The LED lights are fully submersible (not that Im planning on taking my Vette boating...) but they are sealed, so no dust/moisture can get in.
Best of all, they were from an Aussie company, have a lifetime warantee and were surprisingly cheap. ($50 ea) Considering that I just found one amber lense on-line for $200, I think I got out of it also.
Can give you the LED company details too if anyone interested.
I was so happy with their product that I bought 30cm Amber LED strip lighting that perfectly fits on the side front fender as a side turn signal.

Apologies for being wordy,...Im only a couple month old Vette owner, and I think Im already in love...
Old 08-26-2016, 11:25 AM
awches
Pro

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for the pictures and advice. New owner here and learning all I can.

Quick Reply: How to remove tail lights?