damn alarm... Make it stop

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
HdRider04
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Default damn alarm... Make it stop

89 Vert...
Got out of the car closed the door and the horn starts beeping.... I open and closed it again to no avail, Car will start and run and after a few min's the horn stops beeping until I open the door again.
Played with the door plungers and electric locks and it still beeps.. Still starts up fine just beeps at me for a few mins then goes off... I unhooked the horn and I still hear the relay clicking for a few mins then it stops until I open the door again...........
Locked and unlocked it a few times (both doors) still beeps at me...
And yes I used search but could not find the same problem... Most were beeping and no start..
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I know you've checked door plungers, but how about hood and decklid? I suspect the system is seeing a voltage drop.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
earthquake68
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my Dad owned my car it did the same thing to him. He added a panic reset button on the inside of the door. Chances are, one or both of the door key alarm switches are broken. They are still there and work electrically, but the tabs that hold them in place are broken and they spin with the key lock so they don't disengage. Of course that's just a guess since I can't look at it. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
ALS 08
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When I had my 88 the only way to turn off factory alarm was by turning the key in the Drivers door lock cylinder. Power or any buttons from the inside wouldn't work.

Get notified of new replies

To damn alarm... Make it stop

Quick Reply: damn alarm... Make it stop