C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

fog lamp bulb 1989

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Speedway1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lamp bulb 1989

What is the best way to change the fog lamp bulbs. Mine are out I figure its the bulbs. Looks like a bear to get to them.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 PM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Open your hood and look down towards the front bumper area. Note where the lights are in relation to the rear of the front bumper and put your hand in behind the bumper from under the hood. You have to turn the fitting that holds the bulb into the socket inside the lens. Once you turn it counterclockwise you will feel the socket and bulb assembly get loose so you can just pull it straight out the back. It's a very long socket assembly so it needs to come straight out about 8 inches to get it out. Unplug the bulb and replace with a new one. You might want to replace it with a #885 50 watt bulb also instead of the 34 watt bulb that it came with. If you do that, put in a 15 amp fuse intead of the 10amp fuse that's used for the #880 34 watt bulb. It will be much brighter and it won't get any hotter than your 34 watt bulb. I've done it and it works great!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Speedway1
Instructor

Originally Posted by FOURSPEEDVETTE
Open your hood and look down towards the front bumper area. Note where the lights are in relation to the rear of the front bumper and put your hand in behind the bumper from under the hood. You have to turn the fitting that holds the bulb into the socket inside the lens. Once you turn it counterclockwise you will feel the socket and bulb assembly get loose so you can just pull it straight out the back. It's a very long socket assembly so it needs to come straight out about 8 inches to get it out. Unplug the bulb and replace with a new one. You might want to replace it with a #885 50 watt bulb also instead of the 34 watt bulb that it came with. If you do that, put in a 15 amp fuse intead of the 10amp fuse that's used for the #880 34 watt bulb. It will be much brighter and it won't get any hotter than your 34 watt bulb. I've done it and it works great!
Cool thanks!!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

I forgot to mention that the fuse for the fog/driving lights is the one on the right side of the dash panel when you open the door. It's listed as tail lights. It has a 10 amp there now but it won't cause any problems to replace it with a 15 amp for this upgrade.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Speedway1
Instructor

Originally Posted by FOURSPEEDVETTE
I forgot to mention that the fuse for the fog/driving lights is the one on the right side of the dash panel when you open the door. It's listed as tail lights. It has a 10 amp there now but it won't cause any problems to replace it with a 15 amp for this upgrade.
great thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To fog lamp bulb 1989

Quick Reply: fog lamp bulb 1989