Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

plugs, wires, cap rotor, and coil. Ignition module and terminal board?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Chuck314
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default plugs, wires, cap rotor, and coil. Ignition module and terminal board?

Well, my 1988 35th Anniversary C4 broke 50K miles. It still runs like a champ, but I am ready to give the car a tune up. It's bone stock and I have a feeling that the plugs, wires, cap and rotor are original. I was thinking of replacing the plugs with either NGK's or Accel's. I was thinking Accel wires, Accel 140005 HEI Super Coil (Gray one that sits on top of Dist cap), and the Accel Accel Plenum Extension to complete the look. The cap and rotor will be replaced as well. While at it, should I replace the terminal board and the ignition module that is inside the distributer? If so, how hard is it for a novice to do?

Has anybody had any experience with these parts? Please share your thoughts and opinions.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

I like NGK plugs and I use MSD wires. I bought their stripper and crimper and cut mine to length and ran them the way I wanted.

I would, at some point, take out the distributor and see that there is no wobble in it. If it is fine, check the spark and if that is good, just cap and rotor.

Quick Reply: plugs, wires, cap rotor, and coil. Ignition module and terminal board?