Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

car stalls once to warms up

Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM
dcinmpls
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car stalls once it warms up

I've got a 92 with an LT1. The waterpump put out the optispark so I changed both. Also put in a new belt, spark plug wires, fuel injectors, and fuel pump. It starts and runs when cold but when you floor it, it hesitates at about 80 percent throttle. This gets worse as the car warms up. Then once it's warm it will just stop running. I'll be going down the road and it will stop running for a while and then start up again after 5 or 6 seconds. If it stalls at a light when it first starts acting up I can get it to start by pumping the gas. Then as the engine gets warmer it won't start at all without waiting for something like 15 to 30 minutes. I have a fuel pressure gauge I'm going to hook up to see if I've got fuel pressure but I'm leaning more toward the thought that maybe it's not getting spark like it should. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by dcinmpls; 05-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the typical ICM failure.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Drivin1978
Heel & Toe

Did u ever figure it out I'm having same problem and I replaced my icm.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM
#70SM2
Racer

Default Fuel Pressure'

Originally Posted by dcinmpls
I've got a 92 with an LT1. The waterpump put out the optispark so I changed both. Also put in a new belt, spark plug wires, fuel injectors, and fuel pump. It starts and runs when cold but when you floor it, it hesitates at about 80 percent throttle. This gets worse as the car warms up. Then once it's warm it will just stop running. I'll be going down the road and it will stop running for a while and then start up again after 5 or 6 seconds. If it stalls at a light when it first starts acting up I can get it to start by pumping the gas. Then as the engine gets warmer it won't start at all without waiting for something like 15 to 30 minutes. I have a fuel pressure gauge I'm going to hook up to see if I've got fuel pressure but I'm leaning more toward the thought that maybe it's not getting spark like it should. Thanks for any suggestions.
I tend to agree with you with fuel pressure regulator, mine ran so much better with a new diaphram, my mechanic managed to find just a new diaphram and gasket. He also put an adjustment screw on top for fine tuning on Dyno.

Get notified of new replies

To car stalls once to warms up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: car stalls once to warms up