Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Peppery
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line???

It seems where the stainless steel fuel line is leaking in my 95 Vet is blocked by the fuel tank. I have been informed that the enitre back end of the hatch back, bumper and fenders have to be removed plus some serious looking structure attached to each back wheel and the fuel tank has to be removed.
The fuel line, which I just found out, is ONE continous length that is visible until it feeds up and snakes itself up over the fuel tank and back out the back end.
Has anyone had any experience with this delima. Does the whole back end, fuel tank and those serious looking angle structures that go to each wheel have to be taken off.
:confused: [IMG][/IMG]
A goil can only take so much **^%$#@!
Old 05-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line??? (Peppery)

The back bumper needs to come off but not the hatch or the back fenders.Drop rear exhaust down as well.

Once you get the bumper off,the gas tank frame in the back can be loosened and dropped down a few inches to remove the tank or access the back lines if they can be repaired there or not.

If you need to remove the lines,you will pull the gas tank out,then have to lower the rear end carrier down to be able to get the lines out.The lines run OVER the carrier side above the wheelwell frame.
Is a big job but really not that bad.
Just time to remove the bumper cover and drop down the carrier to get the lines off.

:)
Old 05-27-2002, 04:21 PM
Peppery
3rd Gear

Default Re: Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line??? (Bill's86Coupe)

Thank you very much for the info. I will pass it on.
It's greatly appreciated.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:46 PM
Peppery
3rd Gear

Default Re: Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line??? (Peppery)

I've had an armchair thinker pass this possible repair on. Thought I'd see if it would be a safe thing to do. I know it's not an authentic repair, but here it goes.
Splice a new plastic fuel line in. Cut it at either end of the fuel tank, feed the plastice fuel line up above and out the back end of the fuel tank , seal it and clamp it. :rolleyes:
Old 05-28-2002, 01:50 AM
Black 'n Blue
Drifting

I've had an armchair thinker pass this possible repair on. Thought I'd see if it would be a safe thing to do. I know it's not an authentic repair, but here it goes.
Splice a new plastic fuel line in. Cut it at either end of the fuel tank, feed the plastice fuel line up above and out the back end of the fuel tank , seal it and clamp it. :rolleyes:
:nonod:
Might be a good way to fix an armchair though :D
Old 05-28-2002, 05:55 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line??? (Black 'n Blue)

i hope i never have to do that. wow

Get notified of new replies

To Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line???

Quick Reply: Remove entire back end of car and fuel tank to replace fuel line???