C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Albany, GA car

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 PM
TNSS
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Albany, GA car

anyone in the Albany, GA area willing to check a car out for me?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:49 PM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I used to live in Woodstock Ga. now live in Southern California. I have a buddy that lives in Pelham but doesn't know squat about Vettes, Sorry.
Sure miss those trips to Panama City,
Good luck.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
TNSS
Heel & Toe

YA, its a little far for me to drive just to look. if the car is what he says i would buy it for sure. its a 90 c4 140000 it looks real nice in the pictures he sent the inside could use some work. he says the only thing wrong with it is the instrument panel lights done work. the car has new tires clutch tune up etcetera says it runs great he is only asking $4,000. sound to good to be true. he didn't tell me but i found out he is a car dealer so i'm just kinda weary of it.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM
tpfarm
Pro

Originally Posted by TNSS
YA, its a little far for me to drive just to look. if the car is what he says i would buy it for sure. its a 90 c4 140000 it looks real nice in the pictures he sent the inside could use some work. he says the only thing wrong with it is the instrument panel lights done work. the car has new tires clutch tune up etcetera says it runs great he is only asking $4,000. sound to good to be true. he didn't tell me but i found out he is a car dealer so i'm just kinda weary of it.
Well if yu decide to go for alook see check those door panels for loosness around the windows, they can be a bear to repair and new ones are $500 each . The instrument lighting could be just a fuse, or worse. Check the headlights and make sure they rotate smoothly and don't run on after they lock in place,if they do you will need to replace the bushings inside the motors. Outside window seals are a common repair.Check for oil and coolant leaks around the back of the intake manifold . I have a 91 vert which is the same car and have done all the repairs ( or about to) that I have mentioned.
Let me know what you decide, If the paint looks good and the car is as described it could be a winner!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 PM
tpfarm
Pro

Originally Posted by tpfarm
Well if yu decide to go for alook see check those door panels for loosness around the windows, they can be a bear to repair and new ones are $500 each . The instrument lighting could be just a fuse, or worse. Check the headlights and make sure they rotate smoothly and don't run on after they lock in place,if they do you will need to replace the bushings inside the motors. Outside window seals are a common repair.Check for oil and coolant leaks around the back of the intake manifold . I have a 91 vert which is the same car and have done all the repairs ( or about to) that I have mentioned.
Let me know what you decide, If the paint looks good and the car is as described it could be a winner!
For some reason I thought you were in Ga. Yeah Tenn. is a long way to go look at a car. Maybe have him send you a zillion close up pics.
BTW Are you familiar with these cars? didn' mean to insult your knowledge.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
TNSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by tpfarm
For some reason I thought you were in Ga. Yeah Tenn. is a long way to go look at a car. Maybe have him send you a zillion close up pics.
BTW Are you familiar with these cars? didn' mean to insult your knowledge.
Not taken as a insult at all. the more knowledge the better. i know a little about these cars. i have rebuilt a wrecked C5 so i'm much more familiar with that generation than this one. he sent me a tone of pictures but he was advertising it as a personal car and then i found it on a car lot. i called him out on the fact that it is on a car lot and i asked him flat out why its so cheap because he says nothing is wrong with it other that the instrument lights. and he has never called or texted or emailed me back after i told him i found it on a car lot. sound fishy and he wont contact me back now so that is a red flag in my book so i'm out I'm not interested in it anymore just have a bad feeling now.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 AM
tpfarm
Pro

Originally Posted by TNSS
Not taken as a insult at all. the more knowledge the better. i know a little about these cars. i have rebuilt a wrecked C5 so i'm much more familiar with that generation than this one. he sent me a tone of pictures but he was advertising it as a personal car and then i found it on a car lot. i called him out on the fact that it is on a car lot and i asked him flat out why its so cheap because he says nothing is wrong with it other that the instrument lights. and he has never called or texted or emailed me back after i told him i found it on a car lot. sound fishy and he wont contact me back now so that is a red flag in my book so i'm out I'm not interested in it anymore just have a bad feeling now.
Yeah, best to follow your gut on this one. Good luck on your search.

Get notified of new replies

To Albany, GA car

Quick Reply: Albany, GA car