C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bypass heater core in 93 vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM
wyzard
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass heater core in 93 vette

I'm looking to bypass the heater core in my 93 vette until I get a chance to replace the core. Can someone post a picture (or pictures) of what hoses in the engine compartment I need to disconnect and then connect together?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Come on, look at the hoses coming out of the firewall on passenger side hooked to the heater core. Bypass those.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
wyzard
Advanced

Originally Posted by krackenvette
Come on, look at the hoses coming out of the firewall on passenger side hooked to the heater core. Bypass those.
OK. I looked under the hood on the passengers side. I have a resevoir with a radiator cap on the passengers side. i notice a hose or hoses under this that appear to run into the firewall, however these are not easy to get to. Any additional help on this would be appreciated. Would love to get the bypass done this weekend.

Sorry for what may appear an easy answer for others, but first time on something like this so could use the help.

Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by wyzard
OK. I looked under the hood on the passengers side. I have a resevoir with a radiator cap on the passengers side. i notice a hose or hoses under this that appear to run into the firewall, however these are not easy to get to. Any additional help on this would be appreciated. Would love to get the bypass done this weekend.

Sorry for what may appear an easy answer for others, but first time on something like this so could use the help.

Thanks again.
What you want to do is bring the water from the water pump to the filler bucket where the radiator cap is. So, follow the hoses out of the firewall, see where they go, and mentally look at where they need to be changed from the water pump. All you are doing is bypassing water going in and out of the firewall.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
wyzard
Advanced

Originally Posted by krackenvette
What you want to do is bring the water from the water pump to the filler bucket where the radiator cap is. So, follow the hoses out of the firewall, see where they go, and mentally look at where they need to be changed from the water pump. All you are doing is bypassing water going in and out of the firewall.
Thanks for the help kracken. Did it this morning and checked everything out. Don't see any leaks and everything seems to be working great. Hopefully no more anti-freeze inside the car.

Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:52 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by wyzard
Thanks for the help kracken. Did it this morning and checked everything out. Don't see any leaks and everything seems to be working great. Hopefully no more anti-freeze inside the car.

Thanks again.
There will be some residual fluid in the heater core. I recommend flushing it with water. Then you will have water, not anti freeze leaking. Put a towel down to soak up fluid for a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Bypass heater core in 93 vette

Quick Reply: Bypass heater core in 93 vette