C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

crap

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
vetteboy88
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default crap

replaced coolant recovery tank and cap, overflow hose and clamps, low coolant sensor, regrounded sensor wire, new radiator cap, burped and burped again......Low Coolant light is.................back. Not losing any coolant on the ground or out the back. Had system pressure tested (fine) and coolant and oil tested to see if anything was amiss.........Nothing. Added some more to the recovery tank, so we will see how that makes out this weekend. Light goes on, then off, then on....then, well, you get the idea. Did notice that with the old recovery bottle and the new one that the cap does not fit real secure, and it is easy to overtighten and spring loose. I have just put some teflon tape on it to get a more sealed condition. Any ideas??
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I did all that to my 94 a few years ago. the lead wire for the sensor rotted off inside the connector. replaced the connector with a new one from GM for the sensor and was good to go
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

How's the temps?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
vetteboy88
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

temps are actually good, I think. Averaging 195, rising to 210 or so in medium traffic. This weekend, I also replaced the thermostat, with the hole drilled into the flange method recommended by some forum members. Car now runs in the high 180's to 208(traffic). Oh yeah, the low coolant light comes on still!!!! I didn't burp it following the replacement of the t-stat, because I thought the thermostat holes took care of the air. Just curious, the wire from the sensor, where does it go??? I lost it in a harness.

Get notified of new replies

To crap

Quick Reply: crap