Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

anybody have any tips on replacing windshield header weatherstrip.. 93 vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Default anybody have any tips on replacing windshield header weatherstrip.. 93 vert

Im going to tackle the cracked/ falling aprt windshield header weatherstrip on my 93 vert.

Before I begin, I want to ask for any tips.

First off, where do you get the weatherstrip from?

I did some searches and it seems that GM OEM NOS is the best fit / quality but is no longer available and/or insanely expensive.

A close second seems to be weatherstrip from corvette-rubber. I spoke with them and they said all their stuff is made in USA in cadillac, michigan.

Ive read about some of the other brands of weatherstrip and it appears to be absolute garbage. Ive even read threads where people re-installed the falling-aprt OEM weatherstrip that they removed in the first place !

Also, what tools / glue do I need? I see 3M makes a 'butyl-based' weatherstrip adhesive.

To remove the old stuff Im going to use screwdrivers and razor blade scrapers.

Does anyone have any actual tips on the install? Anything I should be aware of? Any help is appreciated!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Buehler??.....
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Phat98
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I used Willcox to do my '94 Coupe, full kit - everything there, everything fit. A couple of searches will tell you the best do/don't aspects of the install. I installed dry to check for fit then used 3M Black weatherstrip adhesive to tidy things up.

The only issue I really had was realigning the passenger window to fit the rubber.

Last edited by Phat98; 12-07-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: spellchecker on the fritz
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Originally Posted by Phat98
I used Willcox to do my '94 Coupe, full kit - everything there, everything fit. A couple of searches will tell you the best do/don't aspects of the install. I installed dry to check for fit then used 3M Black weatherstrip adhesive to tidy things up.

The only issue I really had was realigning the passenger window to fit the rubber.
the wilcox stuff worked for you?

Do they offer a higher tier made-in-USA and a cheaper, made-in-thailand version?

Ive heard some complaints about some weatherstripping...

Last edited by dizwiz24; 12-07-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To anybody have any tips on replacing windshield header weatherstrip.. 93 vert

Quick Reply: anybody have any tips on replacing windshield header weatherstrip.. 93 vert