C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Reinstalling Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 PM
a_hogdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reinstalling Door Panels

I just finished putting new weatherstrip on my doors. Looks great and everything meets the car wash test (no leaks). However, after reinstalling the door panels, the driver's side door panel will not stay attached at the top. I slid the panel in from the top and then put the screws in the door handle and then put the plastic retainer push pins in at the bottom of the door. However, after running the window up the first time, the window knocked the door panel loose from the top and it leaves a large gap at the top of the door panel between the window and the door panel.

Is there something I am doing wrong on the reinstall. I haven't yet completed the passenger side and want to know if there is something I am missing?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Use the search feature at the top. Here is one post I found by typing in "floppy door panel".
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...or-panels.html
A couple of years ago I found a post on using a hardware store L bracket that you bolt onto the inner door near the rear of the door. You then hook the top of your door panel over the vertical portion of the L to hold it in place. Worked OK on the 91 coupe until I hit some rough pavement around Gary Indiana. The panels popped off but I was able to re-hook them when I got to the Bloomington Gold show. I think I might try the zip tie method this year.

Last edited by corvetteronw; 02-10-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM
a_hogdriver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floppy door panels

Thanks ronw!

Get notified of new replies

To Reinstalling Door Panels

Quick Reply: Reinstalling Door Panels