95 Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 95 Door Panel Removal

I need to remove my door panel due to a window problem. I am familiar with all the screw locations. My question is about the bottom door panel retainers.

Do these retainers just push in and pull out or what is the trick to remove them without breakage. What type of tool is best to remove these retainers.

Thanks
8Valve
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
roadcaqpt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, yes the bottom buttons are push an pull. I use a pair of side cutters and slip the jaws under the heads on either side and pull out. The is a tool just for these an it looks like a screw drive with split ends. They are easy in and out.
Be Safe
Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by roadcaqpt
Hello, yes the bottom buttons are push an pull. I use a pair of side cutters and slip the jaws under the heads on either side and pull out. The is a tool just for these an it looks like a screw drive with split ends. They are easy in and out.
Be Safe
Thank You
8Valve
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

If you're taking the door panel off, highly recommending changing the window guides...those things never last long and if yours haven't broken yet, you're probably not far off from having them break.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bac22
If you're taking the door panel off, highly recommending changing the window guides...those things never last long and if yours haven't broken yet, you're probably not far off from having them break.
Thanks for the tip. I am going in to find whats wrong with the passenger window. It wont move, no motor noise, its dead. And the switch for the rear hatch glass dont work either.

8Valve
Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 AM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Be advised that if you have grey push-in retainers, new ones are not to be found...so be careful with them.

Also since you are taking both door panels off, check the ribs on the inside of each door panel for cracks. If present, do a search and you will find how to fix these and get rid of the sagging door panels.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:37 AM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LannyL81
Be advised that if you have grey push-in retainers, new ones are not to be found...so be careful with them.

Also since you are taking both door panels off, check the ribs on the inside of each door panel for cracks. If present, do a search and you will find how to fix these and get rid of the sagging door panels.
Push in retainers came out fine. Door panel inside and out is like new. Now to get the window to move, motor runs, both ways on the switch

8Valve

8Valve
Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
csthews
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 8valve
And the switch for the rear hatch glass dont work either.

8Valve
Make sure that your "door ajar" switch is working. The hatch release won't operate if the car thinks the door is closed.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

My hatch release switches didn't work and I found the issue was not with the switches but with corroded connectors.

A little scraping and some electrical spray have gotten them both working fine.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by csthews
Make sure that your "door ajar" switch is working. The hatch release won't operate if the car thinks the door is closed.
Electrical contact cleaner fixed the door hatch switch. My only problem now is the passenger window not moving, but motor running.

8Valve
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by LannyL81

I have a 95', T/M on the pointer....be very carefull

Get notified of new replies

To 95 Door Panel Removal

Quick Reply: 95 Door Panel Removal