'95 roadster / bluetooth audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:38 PM
angeno
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 roadster / bluetooth audio?

Greetings All,

Just in the process of considering the purchase of a beautiful, low mile '95 C4 roadster 6 speed. If bought, the car will be used primarily for road trips back and forth between Orange County, CA and Las Vegas. Because I need to take business calls while on the road, and also because I enjoy mp3 audio books, if I buy this car I will be putting in an aftermarket bluetooth enabled stereo. Now here's the question.

Presuming I will be driving between 75 & 80 mph on the freeway, will I be able to listen to my stereo and/or conduct phone conversations without tire roar or road noise drowning everything else out? I've heard conflicting opinions about the highway speed noise level in this vintage C4 roadster, but I've never seen the question I'm asking answered definitively or directly. And yes, I fully appreciate the magic and music which comes from an LT1 under throttle. But when I'm not gunning it 0-60 I still need it to do other things well, such as those I've just articulated. Any insight/feedback you folks can offer will be sincerely appreciated.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Recently installed a single DIN Kenwood (from Crutchfield) in my 95 coupe. Corsa exhaust, LT ARH headers, good tires. Bluetooth mic mounted on steering column. Turnpike cruising, I have to speak a bit louder for people to hear me, they come back fine thru the car speakers. Window down, more of an issue, speak louder. Targa off, forget about it. Mic would sound better attached to visor, just haven't tried it there yet.
As far as radio, CD listening, no issue. Just turn up the volume with window down or top off.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
asjwalsh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a Sony double din system in, routed the mic to the sun visor, and the system is better than a built in 2012 Ford Focus and a 2008 Mini Cooper S, even at 70. Callers can hear me very clearly and I can turn the volume way up and hear them easily.

Get notified of new replies

To '95 roadster / bluetooth audio?

Quick Reply: '95 roadster / bluetooth audio?