Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C4 General Discussion
General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 06-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
RCP

Default Tried almost everything?

Hi My name is Rob and I have two corvettes one 1989 convertible, And a 2002 convertible. I am trying to sell the 1989 Roadster, but I have owned it since 1993 and have replaced just about everything, & I still have a strange whistle chirping sound that occurs when I step on it a little bit and it shifts from first to second? I am stumped. lots of new stuff! New belt tensioner, air conditioner pump bearing, power steering pump. alternator, And new smog pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

ROB
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
bob guzzy
CF Senior Member

Rob that is just one of those noises that one has to hear to diagnose, it could be anything from a belt slipping because of a loose tensioner to a U joint going bad.

My advice is to sell the car as is and let the new owner in on everything you have tried so he can eliminate those items if he chooses to correct the problem.
bob guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
96 Vette CE
CF Senior Member
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You can always trust the untrustworthy...because you can always trust they will be untrustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Hi My name is Rob and I have two corvettes one 1989 convertible, And a 2002 convertible. I am trying to sell the 1989 Roadster, but I have owned it since 1993 and have replaced just about everything, & I still have a strange whistle chirping sound that occurs when I step on it a little bit and it shifts from first to second? I am stumped. lots of new stuff! New belt tensioner, air conditioner pump bearing, power steering pump. alternator, And new smog pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

ROB
Vacuum leak?
96 Vette CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Joycey989
CF Member

I sometimes have the exact same noise!
I wanna say its the belt slipping! But it bugs me alot. If you find out what it is let me know please ive been looking around myself though.

Also I am curious, Is the frisbee on your car?

Last edited by Joycey989; 06-15-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Joycey989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page Tried almost everything?