Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Learned my lesson on a Chrysler Crossfire turbo charger project.. still waiting on my $200 deposit return.. and my car "was" Prototype #2.. #1 has been at BEGi for app. 14 months now..

BUT.. that halo look.. I like it!.. Wife likes it and it's her car.. So when this gets ready to kick off.. Looks like we're on board for it!
Sorry to hear about your Crossfire!

You might check out this thread, its our current project: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...er-buyers.html

This is one of our CF projects. Also if truly interested post that in this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...ight-buys.html

We are trying to drum up numbers and interest.

Oh and yea...Boxcar is

good Luck with the Crossfire....that truly bites.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Mrmiata
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxcar
Sorry to hear about your Crossfire!

You might check out this thread, its our current project: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...er-buyers.html

This is one of our CF projects. Also if truly interested post that in this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...ight-buys.html

We are trying to drum up numbers and interest.

Oh and yea...Boxcar is

good Luck with the Crossfire....that truly bites.
I was the biggest advocate on the forum for patience.. and when it got to "in 2 weeks updates" repeatedly month after month.. I finally threw in the towel and went the "conventional" upgrade path for her.. Tune, intake, and throttle body upgrade are about it. Made a respectable difference and I'm not sitting on $3,500 waiting for them to do something.. not many options for the Mercedes M112.

But back to on topic.. signed up for the "interested buyer" for the lights.. and wife agrees tail could use a little something. Just today walking up to her was thinking really would look good with a rear spoiler.. and we like the little lower profile sleekness of the current project. Just want to see where the price range falls..
Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 PM
armysnipe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd love to have the double ring design and strip in the third light depicted in boxcar's post. I tried the LED bulbs and didn't care for them.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 PM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I am not a fan of visible LEDs (I like when LEDs are used reflectively), I do like the ring and double ring design. Anyone talented enough with photoshop to make a realistic rendering of a double ring design with the reflex area in the center and between the two rings. I would like to see how the design will look before I dedicate too much money to CAD work and prototypes.
Thanks,
Brandon
www.riceperformanceproducts.com
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

I like your price target and if they are halo lights like the C5 I too would be interested
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Personally, I'd love to see a design that fits an led board under the stock lenses. It's all about the led layout! And if the two outer rings can be the parking lights/turn signals with the inside area being the brake lights...now that would be a HOMERUN! Like said earlier, gotta avoid the lite-bright look though. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
I like your price target and if they are halo lights like the C5 I too would be interested
I am down for a set
Old 06-21-2013, 07:20 PM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

How does everyone feel about the 1 piece design. It will look much better, but it will also mean bulb changes from the back. I think the $200 mark will be easy. We managed $750 on our headlight kit compared to competing products over $1000. My main concern is keeping the final product DOT legal and safe on the road. I will work to incorporate the most popular design ideas into a quality product. I want to avoid CFL (halo) tubes due to reliability and DOT (safety) concerns. I do like the idea of using a halo style design for the light.
Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Mrmiata
Racer

Originally Posted by RPP_Corvette
How does everyone feel about the 1 piece design. It will look much better, but it will also mean bulb changes from the back. I think the $200 mark will be easy. We managed $750 on our headlight kit compared to competing products over $1000. My main concern is keeping the final product DOT legal and safe on the road. I will work to incorporate the most popular design ideas into a quality product. I want to avoid CFL (halo) tubes due to reliability and DOT (safety) concerns. I do like the idea of using a halo style design for the light.
Thanks,
Brandon
As long as I don't have to tear the car apart to deal with them.. I'm good.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:44 PM
armysnipe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

You can put me down for a set if they're halo style and the bulbs can be changed from the rear.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Mrmiata
Racer

I'm guessing we can just do a simple flasher module change to take care of hyper flash on the signals? At least there's no canbus error stuff to deal with!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

I thought the C5 lights were using LED's behind a piece of frosted plastic to diffuse the light and make it appear solid. For our cars I would think a surround of rectangular LED's to provide the halo and then fill the center with whatever shape works best and be good.

And for me, I'd rather have the stock looking screws and not deal with rear access.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Photo Shop Tail Light Video

Here is my suggestions in motion. I already have sequential and flashing third brake light electronics. I would love to add LED that is reflected in my photo shop video.

Click here to see my video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwt6P...ature=youtu.be

RPP and everyone else, what do you think?

Would you buy this if it was offered?

I'd be all in $200 for a set.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Boxcar
Here is my suggestions in motion. I already have sequential and flashing third brake light electronics. I would love to add LED that is reflected in my photo shop video.

Click here to see my video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwt6P...ature=youtu.be

RPP and everyone else, what do you think?

Would you buy this if it was offered?

I'd be all in $200 for a set.
I think it is nice work on the video. I think a double ring design would look good. I am thinking maybe two halo designed rings both .75 inches wide with a .25 inch reflector section between them and the center section is reflector. I will work on the drawing when I get time.
Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

RPP, Brandon if there is anything I can do to assist, please just let me know. Maybe I'll work on your concept and post it.

Boxcar
Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 PM
roadcaqpt
Instructor

if c5 halo I am all in !!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:18 PM
bolowbc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interested! I picked up a set of what I think are the only aesthetically pleasing LED tail lights on the market right now but never got around to installing it. The IPCW design looks too retro, and the other design with a square LED layout wouldn't look good at night. I wanted a halo design but never found one.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 91-96 Tail Light Project

Old 06-30-2013, 12:06 AM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

I am now working on the design changes for the tail lamp. I am removing the screw on design and going with a bonded design. This will allow for about 5/16 in of additional lighting diameter. The only thing I still need to decide is the light pattern. I am thinking of a double halo ring design to improve the aesthetics now that I have a better design without screws. I will probably source replaceable LED bulbs to use in place of the original halogen design (either will work). LEDs will have a faster response time and I can adjust the amound of light output. Here is a picture of the design I am considering. My photoshop skills are limited, so I am curious what these would look like rendered realistically on a car.

Name:  C4 CORVETTE TAIL LIGHT DESIGN.jpg
Views: 2167
Size:  26.0 KB

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

RPP, Brandon,

Here is my rendition of your concept. I like where this going, Halo Effect. But, myself I'm partial to the "Light Bright" LED like the C6. Your thoughts?

Everyone out there? Which are you/we C4 owners partial to?

A. Halo effect: like the C5

B. The "Light Bright" effect like the C6.

Boxcar
Attached Images    
Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Mrmiata
Racer

"Light Bright" fan myself.. makes the statement "yeah, they are CUSTOM LED lights"..

Quick Reply: C4 91-96 Tail Light Project