Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C4 General Discussion
General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
bigdaddysvette64

Default Fobs for my vette

for my 95 vette i received key less remote....how do i program it to my vette? at one time and im not sure how....it would lock my doors after walking away from my vette so far.. then when walking up to it my doors unlocked?? now they do nothing and i have since bought another one and have fresh batteries in them both..what do i do to get them to work? go to a gm dealer or is it something i can do myself? thanks for any and all help in this matter...because at my age i dont have alot of hair i can pull out...lol
Chris.
bigdaddysvette64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
markKlein
CF Senior Member

The programming procedure is in your owners manual. If your old fob suddenly stopped working, you probaly accidentaly turned it off. This is also covered in the manual.

http://www.gmpartshouse.com/download...95corvette.pdf
markKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
bigdaddysvette64

TYVM for the link..i will purchase the bushings and try to use my work manual to see if that shows me the stp by step instructions to replace the bushings.
Thanks Chris.
bigdaddysvette64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Just BOB
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddysvette64 View Post
TYVM for the link..i will purchase the bushings and try to use my work manual to see if that shows me the stp by step instructions to replace the bushings.
Thanks Chris.
I replaced the bushings in my remote and now the headlights pop up when I walk away from the car
Just BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
csthews
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just BOB View Post
I replaced the bushings in my remote and now the headlights pop up when I walk away from the car
I replaced the bushings in my driver's side headlight and now the passenger door locks and the horn honks whenever I turn on the hi-beams.

Just jacking with you Bigdaddy...I think you have your threads mixed up. I'm not sure if you are questioning this, but yes when the fob is working correctly, it will unlock both doors when approaching the car and lock both doors and honk the horn when walking away. Also, the door button on the fob only unlocks the passenger door.

Last edited by csthews; 08-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.
csthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page Fobs for my vette