Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Fobs for my vette

Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
bigdaddysvette64
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fobs for my vette

for my 95 vette i received key less remote....how do i program it to my vette? at one time and im not sure how....it would lock my doors after walking away from my vette so far.. then when walking up to it my doors unlocked?? now they do nothing and i have since bought another one and have fresh batteries in them both..what do i do to get them to work? go to a gm dealer or is it something i can do myself? thanks for any and all help in this matter...because at my age i dont have alot of hair i can pull out...lol
Chris.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

The programming procedure is in your owners manual. If your old fob suddenly stopped working, you probaly accidentaly turned it off. This is also covered in the manual.

http://www.gmpartshouse.com/download...95corvette.pdf
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM
bigdaddysvette64
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TYVM for the link..i will purchase the bushings and try to use my work manual to see if that shows me the stp by step instructions to replace the bushings.
Thanks Chris.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Just BOB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddysvette64
TYVM for the link..i will purchase the bushings and try to use my work manual to see if that shows me the stp by step instructions to replace the bushings.
Thanks Chris.
I replaced the bushings in my remote and now the headlights pop up when I walk away from the car
Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM
csthews
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Just BOB
I replaced the bushings in my remote and now the headlights pop up when I walk away from the car
I replaced the bushings in my driver's side headlight and now the passenger door locks and the horn honks whenever I turn on the hi-beams.

Just jacking with you Bigdaddy...I think you have your threads mixed up. I'm not sure if you are questioning this, but yes when the fob is working correctly, it will unlock both doors when approaching the car and lock both doors and honk the horn when walking away. Also, the door button on the fob only unlocks the passenger door.

Last edited by csthews; 08-22-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fobs for my vette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fobs for my vette