C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seat woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 PM
catf15h
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat woes

Well - first post. Been reading these forms for all kinds of helpful information. I have recently purchased a 1993 Corvette. The drivers seat was in bad shape so I decided to get some leather dye and create a black/beige two-tone look. I've seen some seat covers for sale on corvetteamerica.com's website so I decided to do some research and have a go at it.

You all can do what you want - but I would highly recommend not buying the leather 'dye' from this website as it is basically relabeled spray paint. So I've been spending hours trying to wipe off everything that I sprayed on and will most likely be purchasing some new seats in the near future.

If anyone has any helpful information as to where I can find some good seats let me know. I'm trying to find a good place to buy used seats. other than Ebay - anyone know of any secret place to find c4 parts? Being that I have a 93 i'd prefer to have beige seats w/ the 40th etched into the head rest - but given my extreme disappointment with the seats as they are now - i'd just be happy with some beige seats period. If you know of anywhere that can help without breaking my wallet let me know.

-p.s. - Love your site - you all have helped me do plenty of things to my vette already - hoping someone has an idea about the seats that I haven't come across yet.

Thanks again.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 PM
AirForceOne!
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ever consider neoprene seat covers? I love mine! Only $235!

I hate leather seats! Hot in the summer and cold in the winter!

This link to Corvette Mods features pictures of my neporene seat covers.

http://www.corvettemods.com/C4-Corve...le_p_6910.html

Last edited by AirForceOne!; 08-24-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Firemanray
Pro

Originally Posted by AirForceOne!
Ever consider neoprene seat covers? I love mine! Only $235!

I hate leather seats! Hot in the summer and cold in the winter!

This link to Corvette Mods features pictures of my neporene seat covers.

http://www.corvettemods.com/C4-Corve...le_p_6910.html
Can you post some pictures of your seats with the covers on them. I'm doing an interior color change and I've looked at the "neo" covers. I'd like to see how they fit in a real world users application and not an advertisement picture.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:16 PM
catf15h
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the idea. Do these fit over the existing seat or do I need to remove the leather? Also I have the sport seats so will this look ok since my seats have those 'rolls' for the contour and what not?

Thanks man.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:16 PM
AirForceOne!
Drifting

Well the advertisement picture is my own 90 vette, but here ya go!

They fit like a glove and are very comfortable!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
catf15h
Heel & Toe

Yea those look good. Will probably get some. I'm assuming you have to take the seat out of the vette to install?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 PM
AirForceOne!
Drifting

They fit tight over top of your original seats. Not sure how they will fit on sport seats? They are hand made, so I don't know?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM
AirForceOne!
Drifting

[QUOTEYea those look good. Will probably get some. I'm assuming you have to take the seat out of the vette to install? ][/QUOTE]

Nope, you only have to remove the bottom seat cushion! Took me about an hour to install both.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 AM
catf15h
Heel & Toe

After doing some research and reading reviews and opinions - I opted for the Iggee seat covers. Black/Beige two-tone. They seem to get the highest reviews. Plus for $195 including shipping - can't pass them up.

Anyone who has put seat covers on - did you put talcum powder or anything on the seats to help get the covers on?

When I get I'll let you know what I think.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Amazing1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by catf15h
After doing some research and reading reviews and opinions - I opted for the Iggee seat covers. Black/Beige two-tone. They seem to get the highest reviews. Plus for $195 including shipping - can't pass them up.

Anyone who has put seat covers on - did you put talcum powder or anything on the seats to help get the covers on?

When I get I'll let you know what I think.

I have the beige seats in my 95 coupe and purchased the Iggee seat covers intended to be a quick fix before spending the real money and replacing the covers with something from Mid America or one of the other suppliers. However, after 6 months with the Iggee seat covers I get so many complements as to how clean and new my seats look from those few souls who I allow to ride with me, that I have just decided to leave them on indefinitely. Well worth the money IMO
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 AM
catf15h
Heel & Toe

So for you guys who bought the Iggee's - about how long once your order was confirmed did you receive your seats? My order was confirmed Monday evening and the order status is still processing. Can't find any info on the website on delivery times. Just curious.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
dvoeltz
Advanced

There are a number of posts here on how to replace your original seat covers. I pulled off the original leathers and put on replacement leathers. Best tip was placing a dry cleaning bag over the rubber before slipping the leathers over the foam. Really made it much easier to install. I'm not sure if the same rules apply when installing seat covers over existing leather.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat woes

Quick Reply: Seat woes