C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Puzzling Window Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Eltee4
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puzzling Window Question

I went to replace my scratched OEM drivers door window on my 96 Coupe with a new one from Ecklers and found that the mounting holes in the new window are lower than the original glass. This put the glass up abou 1/2" too high so when I closed the door the new glass hits the roof line and wont close properly. The perimter of the two pieces of glass are identical making me think the holes in the new glass are incorrectly placed. So I called Ecklers,they got another new piece out to me only to find that the holes are in the same wrong positon. I called Eclkers and they told me the glass came from two different suppliers, this is true because the markings on the glass were diffferent and the box came for tow different places. The also said the vendors sell alot of this glass and not had a problem, to them this is the first.
Putting the new glass all the way to the bottom of all the adjusments does not help.
Does anyone have any ideas or have run across this in the past. My only out now would be to make a template of the origina glass and have the Mfgr put my holes in a balnk piece of glass.
This is a real PIA
Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a answer in fact I was thinking about replacing my window for the same reason. I'll be watching this to see what the solution is.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Eltee4
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is pretty easy to do, this is a real wierd problem,,I think

Get notified of new replies

To Puzzling Window Question

Quick Reply: Puzzling Window Question