Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Seats?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:44 PM
helirich
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Default C4 Seats?

I have owned a C3 and currently own a C5. I liked the 3's and dont like the 5's. But Ive read that the seats of the early C4's are the most comfortable of all sports cars. Would you guys agree? I'm thinking of buying a set for a project of mine. (not Vette)

Also, do C4 seats recline? Do they have the rocking seat problem. (I would guess not) I'm thinking of getting the manual adjustment style.

Thanx for any imput.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Mine are very comfortable. And they recline only a few inches, (while in the car at least), not sure if they recline more outside of the car.

My drivers seat has a little bit of a rock to it, but I think I may just need to tighten the bolts up a little, not too big of a concern for me right now.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:08 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Best seat I have EVER sat in are ferio seats.. just cant spell it tonight for some darn reason
Old 12-24-2013, 09:24 PM
helirich
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Mine are very comfortable. And they recline only a few inches, (while in the car at least), not sure if they recline more outside of the car.

My drivers seat has a little bit of a rock to it, but I think I may just need to tighten the bolts up a little, not too big of a concern for me right now.
My C5 reclines till it hits the back. If I slide it forward, it will recline more. But when it reclines, it lifts the front. (power) I'm hoping that the C4 has a release that lets the back go down.

Daniel, Is yours a manual style. The power system on my C5 is where the rocking comes from. (common to C5s and hard to fix) I'm hoping the manual doesnt rock.

Ghoastrider, I also read about the Fiero seats. But I like the look of the C4's better.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by helirich
I have owned a C3 and currently own a C5. I liked the 3's and dont like the 5's. But Ive read that the seats of the early C4's are the most comfortable of all sports cars. Would you guys agree? I'm thinking of buying a set for a project of mine. (not Vette)

Also, do C4 seats recline? Do they have the rocking seat problem. (I would guess not) I'm thinking of getting the manual adjustment style.

Thanx for any imput.
It's the late model C4 sport seats that are IMHO the most comfortable seats. The seats in my 95 are much more comfortable for long drives than those on my 04.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:21 PM
GALGO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not an expert in all Corvette models, but one of the greatest features in my car are the seats. I have a 89' Corvette.

I fit perfect on it (I'm 6,2), if I be half inch taller my head could be stuck in the roof. Besides that, I fell like in a firefighter cockpit and the support is great.

I think GM change that due a marketing issues, maybe they had complains from people who are "wider" and they didn't fit so well in those seats.

I had the chance to drive a 94' Corvette last two weeks and the difference is noticiable between both seats.

At the end, it's depend on the taste of the driver.

I don't think any Corvette has bad seats, just differents according the years and technology.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 AM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts

C4 seats are pretty darn comfy and snug without being too much of a dedicated 'sport seat' IMHO. Now, I will say that 3rd Gen F-Body Recaro seats are stupid comfortable and supportive. I sold the set I had as they were 'just' too wide to fit right in my C4.

Later,

Lee

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Seats?