Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Grand Sport Fender Flares Installed from 'Vette Daddy'! Pics Included!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:49 AM
austinseanchris
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Is that a toledo pro hood or a scoop on the c4?
Its the Toledo...sorry, the pictures didnt show that above...as a matter of fact the lighting where those pics were taken are awful...makes it look like a "milky" orange. Here's a few shots to show the hood from the front and side...

Hopefully these help...and no, the mustang in the last picture is not mine lol
Old 03-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Beautiful Corvette!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:09 PM
austinseanchris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Genius!

Amazing transformation. I saw that car last year in the rough when it was just a collection of rough, fiberglass sections; no trim - completely in the raw. Brett is a Rembrandt in fiberglass; and so nonplussed about it all. Truly, truly, an artist in his own time (as we can see!).

I don't know if he'll take it by the NCM, to show them further evidence of what he can do, when it comes to restoration -as if his ZR-1 prototype that he resurrected from the crushed hulk it was wasn't enough. (Seems to me the NCM is more enamored with their NCM history; a la thesinkhole rather than rare/historical Corvettes!! No plans to restore the Spyder Corvette car - preferring to leave it like it came out of the sinkhole in its crushed, muddy state....)
No doubt an amazing job on the restoration above...! As far as the NCM goes, we went there last April. It was the first and only time I have ever been, but I guess...not sure if I wanna use the word lucky...I had the privilege of being taken into the skydome by the Exec Director, Wendell Strode while they were lifting out the last car(the Mallett Hammer) out of the hole. At this time, they had 5 cars on display and were actually pushing the 6th one in there. The Spyder was still sitting on the dome up against the window where people could see it through the glass. We got to see the Spyder up close and obviously the Mallett as it was lifted out. While in the museum for a few hours and talking with other enthusiasts since the sinkhole incident, there's no doubt that it was an awful thing to have happened to such beautiful and one-of-a-kind cars. But the consensus I've gathered since, its like people are 50/50 when it comes to the restoration of these cars. When I first heard someone say, "dont restore them, they wont be original", I wanted to slap them silly. But the more I heard and more I looked at it from the outside, it comes down to these cars were once all original...To restore them, there is no way to keep them original. Sure, they will look like piles or broken glass, but, to restore them back to "original looks" takes away the history of the car. Love it or hate it, the sinkhole is a history for all those cars. Me personally, I say restore/repair the ones that can be restored. The Spyder and Mallett...honestly, I think are un-restorable(I could be wrong, but look at the pics we took below). I cant see a way to restore these b/c of the severe frame damage, etc that overtook them. The Mallet was by far without a doubt the worse, obviously being buried under tons of stone and concrete. The Spyder wasn't as bad obviously, but I still cant see how it could be repaired.

Just a few of the many we took...
Old 03-29-2015, 12:11 PM
austinseanchris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Beautiful Corvette!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:12 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Wow.. that is a very cool color.. Also due tot he paint on the hood it makes the cowl look smaller than other vettes with the same hood..
Old 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
austinseanchris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
Wow.. that is a very cool color.. Also due tot he paint on the hood it makes the cowl look smaller than other vettes with the same hood..
Thanks...yea, just always like to do a lil somethin different...
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Car and flares look amazing. What method did you use to attach them?
Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM
austinseanchris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Matatk
Car and flares look amazing. What method did you use to attach them?
Thanks...I know it was a 3M tape and I'm thinking it was like 20lb strength. In other words, they aint coming off! I dual layered it just to give it a slight gap to sit up off the fender in case later down the road I decide to take them off, the fender wont be scratched.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

The Automotive grade 3M tale works really well on these.

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Fender Flares Installed from 'Vette Daddy'! Pics Included!