C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Door Locks on a 95

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 04:55 PM
MN JIM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Locks on a 95

I have posted that I was looking for a Vette. I wanted a 6 speed but found a 95 Auto with 55K on the clock. I couldn't pass it up. The paint and interior are like new and the tires had just been replaced. Could only do a short test drive when I bought it (9 degrees and snowing). All seemed ok other than after going over a few bumps the door adjar light flickered, stayed on and flickered again. While this was happening it sounded like the power door locks were cycling. A little farther down the road it stopped. Then it started again. Do you all think it's a short or a faulty switch? The doors closed solid.

Jim
Old 01-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Did the car come with a FOB? Your PKE (passive keyless entry) system could have issues. Read your owners manual and try reprogramming the FOB. If you didn't get a FOB the PKE system could be searching for the FOB. Door switch might have misaligned, a cold weather issue and when the weather warms up everything will be fine.

Last edited by Larry/car; 01-26-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM
MN JIM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Did the car come with a FOB? Your PKE (passive keyless entry) system could have issues. Read your owners manual and try reprogramming the FOB. If you didn't get a FOB the PKE system could be searching for the FOB. Door switch might have misaligned, a cold weather issue and when the weather warms up everything will be fine.
Yup, has a PKE. I will try to reprogram. They are forecasting a high of -15 tomorrow and about the same Tuesday. I won't be out there till it hits the balmy teens.

Jim
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Just BOB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of your door ajar switches needs adjusting or replacing. Every time you shut the door with the key in the ignition switch the PKE module "unlocks" the doors, just in care the keys are in the car and you aren't

Get notified of new replies

To Door Locks on a 95

Quick Reply: Door Locks on a 95