AFS Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Bandit1977
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AFS Wheels

Hi,
Does anybody know if AFS Wheels in Canoga Park, CA are still in business?
I tried numerous times now to contact them via email and have received no response.
Are there any forum members here who have purchased wheels from them?
I was considering buying a set of A-Mold replica ZR1 rims from them, but now I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere if this is how they treat a genuine inquiry from Australia.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

looks like they're still in business. I checked their on-line site, and it 's up and running. they are also selling via fleabay...
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
LongBeachC4
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I just got a set from them in January. Nice guy to work with too.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:38 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I just got my wheels from them a few months ago. They should still be in business. I recommend a lot of people to them.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
LongBeachC4
Racer

The ET style lugs look interesting, better fit, I got a set from him. I'm getting ready to mount up in a week. For what it's worth, there a pretty good set of rims.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Bandit1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe C
looks like they're still in business. I checked their on-line site, and it 's up and running. they are also selling via fleabay...
Yes that's what I found as well, that's why I can't understand why they're not responding to my emails.

Originally Posted by LongBeachC4
Yes, I just got a set from them in January. Nice guy to work with too.
Originally Posted by DanielRicany
I just got my wheels from them a few months ago. They should still be in business. I recommend a lot of people to them.
Based on feedback I've read they do come highly recommended, and claim to value good customer service, maybe they've got email problems?

Ken D
Old 03-06-2014, 07:08 PM
cohocarl
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had good luck with them also last summer with my order. I wanted a little harder tire than the ones that they show in their "package", so he made my set with a different model tire. By the sounds of it, he has access to every tire imaginable, so if you want something different, let him know.
Very good prices, and I am happy with the quality of my polished aluminum ZR-1's.
I think his name was Tim.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Retxpres
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is anyone running these wheels? I would like a set on my '94 white coupe.
Are the rear rims a deeper dish than the front?

AFS-ZR-1-Wheels-fits-88-96-Corvette-17-x11 BLACK-Rim
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Bandit1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Retxpres
Is anyone running these wheels? I would like a set on my '94 white coupe.
Are the rear rims a deeper dish than the front?

AFS-ZR-1-Wheels-fits-88-96-Corvette-17-x11 BLACK-Rim
That's the rims I want, yes I believe you can get them with a deeper dish for the rear rims.
Tried contacting them via their Ebay listing....still no response....what is it with these guys???
Everybody is saying how great their customer service is, and yet it seems they can't even be bothered or have the courtesy to reply to a sales inquiry.
Maybe I'll spend my money elsewhere, who else sells these rims?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:44 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit1977
That's the rims I want, yes I believe you can get them with a deeper dish for the rear rims.
Tried contacting them via their Ebay listing....still no response....what is it with these guys???
Everybody is saying how great their customer service is, and yet it seems they can't even be bothered or have the courtesy to reply to a sales inquiry.
Maybe I'll spend my money elsewhere, who else sells these rims?
If you're using an ISP that is "local" to you perhaps their "filters" are catching and treating it as SPAM and their not even seeing it. If you've a Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or other email account try it and see what happens.

OE Wheels also does the ZR-1 style wheel and there are those wheels with the wider machined flange and those with the GM replica flange, the 11" wheels were done with "deeper" pockets at the lug nut on the 11" BUT that option is very difficult to find presently - if at all.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Ronaldo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just wrote them yesterday through their contact form on their homepage. They replied quickly and I ordered a set wheels today

https://shop.afswheels.com/contactus.sc

BTW, I'm from Denmark, Europe (but I'm using a shipper/forwarder with an US-address)

Originally Posted by Bandit1977
Hi,
Does anybody know if AFS Wheels in Canoga Park, CA are still in business?
I tried numerous times now to contact them via email and have received no response.
Are there any forum members here who have purchased wheels from them?
I was considering buying a set of A-Mold replica ZR1 rims from them, but now I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere if this is how they treat a genuine inquiry from Australia.
Thanks,
Ken

Last edited by Ronaldo; 04-03-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

I recently received a set that I ordered on eBay, with Sumitomo tires. It remains to be seen how good those tires are.

A few "problems":

The center caps are generic (black circle). I want the Corvette logo caps. I think I read somewhere that the stock Corvette center caps will fit. I need to investigate that. Maybe AFS sells Corvette logo center caps. I've got one of the caps sitting here on my desk to remind me...

The chrome in the barrels has some "shadows". One wheel has bare copper showing. I think that might corrode over time. I'm going to paint the barrels Argent Silver. I put POR Glisten on my GS wheel barrels and I might do that with these.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 AM
Bandit1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
I recently received a set that I ordered on eBay, with Sumitomo tires. It remains to be seen how good those tires are.

A few "problems":

The center caps are generic (black circle). I want the Corvette logo caps. I think I read somewhere that the stock Corvette center caps will fit. I need to investigate that. Maybe AFS sells Corvette logo center caps. I've got one of the caps sitting here on my desk to remind me...

The chrome in the barrels has some "shadows". One wheel has bare copper showing. I think that might corrode over time. I'm going to paint the barrels Argent Silver. I put POR Glisten on my GS wheel barrels and I might do that with these.
Cliff,
I think only the black version has the Corvette logo center caps.
At least I hope it does as that's the version I've ordered, I was finally able to make contact with AFS Wheels and I have a set of these wheels sailing across the Pacific as we speak.....or should that be type?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 AM
LongBeachC4
Racer

You can buy the logos for around $24. That's what I did.

Get notified of new replies

To AFS Wheels

Quick Reply: AFS Wheels