Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Where oh where does this vacuum line go...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:33 PM
40thAnny
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where oh where does this vacuum line go...

I have a 40th Anniversary LT1 convertible. I replaced the brake booster and master cylinder. Oh yea! I found a very small vacuum line that looks like it had broken off... somewhere? There are 2 lines running to the cruise control servo. One of these lines connects to a vacuum tank. This line has a "T" where this unidentified hose comes from. At the end of this unidentified rubber hose is a plastic tube with a broken end.
I can not find where this broke off.
Please help.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The vac line from the intake typically goes to a check valve as shown ;
from it the rear line goes inside to the HVAC controls
The side port goes to the T you describe ( for CC ) then on to the vac ball

Very common for the valve to get brittle with age and break

Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
67Olds442x2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It goes to the engine harness then to the right side of the intake, the vacuum source. I assume your cruise control may not work? Yep like above post.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM
sledge_78
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 40thAnny
I have a 40th Anniversary LT1 convertible. I replaced the brake booster and master cylinder. Oh yea! I found a very small vacuum line that looks like it had broken off... somewhere? There are 2 lines running to the cruise control servo. One of these lines connects to a vacuum tank. This line has a "T" where this unidentified hose comes from. At the end of this unidentified rubber hose is a plastic tube with a broken end.
I can not find where this broke off.
Please help.
40TH ANNY,

I believe what you are refurring to is the vacuum line on the "T" connector attached to the line connected to the cruise control servo. This is located on the left side near the battery. If I am correct then this line is broken off from a line which enters a wire harness behind the battery near the fire wall. Apparently this is a common failure. You will need to trace the broken vacuum line inside the wire harness attach a connector in between each broken piece to make the repair.

It will require a flashlight or removal of the battery to make it easier to find the broken end.

Hope this helps.

sledge_78
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
40thAnny
Cruising

Originally Posted by 67Olds442x2
It goes to the engine harness then to the right side of the intake, the vacuum source. I assume your cruise control may not work? Yep like above post.
I have hopefully attached a picture of what I'm talking about. The vacuum I'm trying to describe is at the master cylinder area.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 PM
40thAnny
Cruising

Originally Posted by sledge_78
40TH ANNY,

I believe what you are refurring to is the vacuum line on the "T" connector attached to the line connected to the cruise control servo. This is located on the left side near the battery. If I am correct then this line is broken off from a line which enters a wire harness behind the battery near the fire wall. Apparently this is a common failure. You will need to trace the broken vacuum line inside the wire harness attach a connector in between each broken piece to make the repair.

It will require a flashlight or removal of the battery to make it easier to find the broken end.

Hope this helps.

sledge_78

Sir, you are right on it. I'll have to search for it tomorrow. Thank you
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Camcrazy
Heel & Toe

That's where my was broken. It went into the wire loom located behind the battery.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
40thAnny
Cruising

Originally Posted by sledge_78
40TH ANNY,

Hope this helps.

sledge_78
Originally Posted by Camcrazy
That's where my was broken. It went into the wire loom located behind the battery.
Camcrazy, that picture is it. Thank you very much.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM
40thAnny
Cruising

I want to thank you for all your help! Lucky for me the plastic hose broke about an inch outside the wire loom directly under the computer above the battery box. Easy fix. Thanks again!
40thAnny

Last edited by 40thAnny; 03-06-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Where oh where does this vacuum line go...

Quick Reply: Where oh where does this vacuum line go...