C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

PKE Antenna Eaten Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 PM
ameribrit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PKE Antenna Eaten Up

UPDATED ... Yes - some mice likely ate thru some of the insulation on what I believe is the PKE wire that runs to the PKE antenna back of the coupe/inner wall. What I am looking at are 2 wires - one appears to be the seatbelt interlock and the other are 2 small wires (black/white) which seems to run from behind the driver seat to the back of the car - looks like it goes under the carpet at back of the console. The insulation on the wire, at least the small piece visible, is damaged. Is this the PKE antenna wire or something else? I think I have to pull out the carpet behind the seat, or maybe remove console to get to it. Anyone know about the PKE antenna wire?? My PKE no longer works. Thanks!

Last edited by ameribrit; 04-20-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: corrected
Old 04-21-2014, 07:00 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

I'll look this afternoon...I currently have my dash off to replace the PKE...I suspect mouse damages as well...

I hate @#$% mice...every fall I got through 20 snaps trap with little buggers looking for a winter home!!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM
ameribrit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bac22
I'll look this afternoon...I currently have my dash off to replace the PKE...I suspect mouse damages as well...

I hate @#$% mice...every fall I got through 20 snaps trap with little buggers looking for a winter home!!!!
I found bird seed delivered into the back of the car, under the carpet mostly. My Dad did not notice all the activity. I did not see any eaten up wires around the PKE antenna fixed to the back inner wall, but did see some damage behind the driver car seat as described. If anybody knows the wiring diagram for the PKE antenna, this would be helpful.

Also, having read several threads on topic, I have learned that nobody knows for sure what the NO LIGHT means in DIC. You sound like you are replacing the unit. This sounds like a horrific job. And, can you still get the receivers?

Corvettes are choice for rodents! Plastic smells good and is nice and warm.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ameribrit
Also, having read several threads on topic, I have learned that nobody knows for sure what the NO LIGHT means in DIC. You sound like you are replacing the unit. This sounds like a horrific job. And, can you still get the receivers?
Actually fairly easy, remove the dash on a vette is not that hard, a few vent pieces, center console, and then it slides out...hour job a most. This isn't my first time battling mice, so I have had to do it in the past. PKE sits right there at the top and just snaps out, no screws.

I got a used PKE/receiver on ebay, I think it was about $50.

Last edited by bac22; 04-22-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

BTW, I took some picts of the connectors. I do see one black/white wire which attaches to what I believe is the receiver that sits above the PKE...although not a 100% of that, will check my FSM when I get home.

Get notified of new replies

To PKE Antenna Eaten Up

Quick Reply: PKE Antenna Eaten Up