C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

air bag stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:30 PM
mphy98
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default air bag stolen

Some dirtbag stole the airbag out of my 90 and cut the clock spring wire. I have a new used one now and want to know big a job it is to change it out. I also have a new orange control module because at one time the air bag was deployed in this thing i believe. Not 100 % sure so I am changing it to be on the safe side. Do I need to replace the frame sensors if it was deployed? I am on my second airbag now and will be connecting it up. The one that was stolen was not connected up because of the fear I had that it had been replaced at one time. The left front was hit I believe. Don't know it it was a hard hit or not but the vacuum tank was missing and a few other things just didn't look right. It goes down the road straight and true and The body shop says they can see no frame damage but after repaint it took a whole lot of spacers to get the front end back on. (I took it apart myself and it was not ever crashed by me) so many questions!!! thanks guys.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mphy98
Some dirtbag stole the airbag out of my 90 and cut the clock spring wire. I have a new used one now and want to know big a job it is to change it out. I also have a new orange control module because at one time the air bag was deployed in this thing i believe. Not 100 % sure so I am changing it to be on the safe side. Do I need to replace the frame sensors if it was deployed? I am on my second airbag now and will be connecting it up. The one that was stolen was not connected up because of the fear I had that it had been replaced at one time. The left front was hit I believe. Don't know it it was a hard hit or not but the vacuum tank was missing and a few other things just didn't look right. It goes down the road straight and true and The body shop says they can see no frame damage but after repaint it took a whole lot of spacers to get the front end back on. (I took it apart myself and it was not ever crashed by me) so many questions!!! thanks guys.
A crash in of itself won't require new impact sensors, it would require the D.E.R.M. to be replaced (the orange box you mentioned) Only a 90 bag will work on a 90 wheel,and plug into a 90 clockspring.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 PM
jsdomino
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I did not think there were any dirt bags in Kansasville, WI. Not sure if the 90 is equipped with seat belt retractors or not, but if bag was deployed check seat belt retractors.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:32 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

My question is, what kind of a jerk would steal an airbag?? Did they break anything else or take anything else??

Get notified of new replies

To air bag stolen

Quick Reply: air bag stolen