C4 Vette Horn need LOUDER

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Vette O Holic
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Vette Horn need LOUDER

Hi guys,

I want to replace the pathetic sounding factory horn on my 1995 Vette. This things isn't loud at all and sounds like a sock is muffling it. Ive had some close encounters with other vehicles on the road and feel when I use the horn it doesn't even get the other drivers attention who is off in LALA land day dreaming while they are driving.

Ive been doing some reading and youtube surfing and see the WOLO bad boy and the stebel truck horn. The stebel is twice the money but sounds like a deeper sound, more like a fire truck or big rig horn.

My question is which is the loudest, most attention getting, horn out there for the C4 and do I need two because I believe there may be two installed from the factory.

also if you know of any other loud horn replacements that I have missed, please chime in.

thanks
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Louder? Well, https://www.hornblasters.com
Doing a quick search, the stebel sounds nice. I have a Wolo on mine and is plenty loud enough.

Last edited by shakedown067; 06-26-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:37 PM
ramvet89
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Vette O Holic;1587224262]Hi guys,

I want to replace the pathetic sounding factory horn on my 1995 Vette. This things isn't loud at all and sounds like a sock is muffling it. Ive had some close encounters with other vehicles on the road and feel when I use the horn it doesn't even get the other drivers attention who is off in LALA land day dreaming while they are driving.

Ive been doing some reading and youtube surfing and see the WOLO bad boy and the stebel truck horn. The stebel is twice the money but sounds like a deeper sound, more like a fire truck or big rig horn.

My question is which is the loudest, most attention getting, horn out there for the C4 and do I need two because I believe there may be two installed from the factory.

also if you know of any other loud horn replacements that I have missed, please chime in.

thanks

Check the horns - sounds like you have one not working at all - the factory horns are loud enough if both are working
Old 06-26-2014, 01:37 PM
tbirdsps
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my 90 has three. A,B and C note. Sounds great and loud too.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Annoyed
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do what I've been doing for years..

use the accelerator pedal instead.

That always gets peoples attention.
The following users liked this post:
Nesher (06-23-2018)
Old 06-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Tahlee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Annoyed
Just do what I've been doing for years..

use the accelerator pedal instead.

That always gets peoples attention.
Hilarious!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Annoyed
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tahlee
Hilarious!
It's funny

but it's true

and it works
Old 06-26-2014, 04:36 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Annoyed
It's funny

but it's true

and it works

my wife keeps saying I drive like i'm16, going on 17.....glad i'm not alone..
Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hit the local auto wrecking yards and find a pair of original GM horns from early 70's Caddy's, Olds 98's or Buick Park Avenue full-size cars. Make sure to get both horns from the same car to get the correct tone.

These horns use a single wire and the attaching bracket is very similar to the Corvette setup.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:40 PM
rad928music
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette O Holic
Hi guys,

thanks
Im with you on this.
I need a attention getter Horn as well.
Wish I had one of those Cruise ship horns sometimes, when these Nut jobs vere into my lane acting like They dont see me.
Id lay on the Cruise ship horn and they will Crap there pants
Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 AM
auggy
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default horn

Originally Posted by Vette O Holic
Hi guys,

thanks
You have 2 horns and they sound different notes. One may not be working. Put your hand on each and have someone press the horn button. Their is an adjustment screw on each. I used that and penetrating oil to get one working again. Played with it over a couple of days. If one horn doesn't work the Corvette sounds major wimpy .

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Vette Horn need LOUDER

Quick Reply: C4 Vette Horn need LOUDER