Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Door Panels

Old 08-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Highschool 69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Door Panels

How are the bottom of the door panels attached to the inner door? I'm asking because mine were attached with black plastic pins. That is the best way I can describe them. All of the catalogs show a screw kit for the door panels, but I can't find any of the plastic pins. year of car is a 1996.
Do you have any advice on weatherstrip. I need to replace the rear hatch and the weatherstrip at the rear of the roof panel and the side glass. Any particular brand hold up better than most? Would like GM, but it is rather high priced.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Highschool 69
How are the bottom of the door panels attached to the inner door? I'm asking because mine were attached with black plastic pins. That is the best way I can describe them. All of the catalogs show a screw kit for the door panels, but I can't find any of the plastic pins. year of car is a 1996.
Do you have any advice on weatherstrip. I need to replace the rear hatch and the weatherstrip at the rear of the roof panel and the side glass. Any particular brand hold up better than most? Would like GM, but it is rather high priced.
About 2 months ago I installed rear hatch weatherstripping and outside driver/passenger window seals purchased from Willcox. I was pleased with the quality and results for the price.

The bottom of both door panels on my '93 are attached with black phillip head screws that are about and inch or so long.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Panels