C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Interior lights dim but stay on

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:02 AM
twr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights dim but stay on

1984 Corvette - I have read most posts but haven't seen this problem. When you open / shut the doors the courtesy lights come on and when they time out they dim but remain on draining the battery. I have removed every bulb one at a time and checked but they continue to stay on dim. This is every light dims even the spare tire light. If you turn the headlight switch to manual all the lights then go to bright. I depressed the doors and hatch switches by hand and after timing out the lights again stay on dim. I am assuming from reading all the posts that the light delay timer is defective.
If someone has seen this and the fix was something else please let me know. Should I buy the complete timer or just the board ? I have yet to locate the delay timer by removing the passenger side lower panel and looking up, even used a mirror.
twr
Old 09-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

Willcox makes replacement courtesy light delay timers. They have two versions, one stock and one without the delay. I have seen their replacement PC boards at most of the usual Corvette parts vendors.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_i...b4d77bf8d81b5d

Quick Reply: Interior lights dim but stay on