Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Friday-TRACK DAY- Going to try this again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:57 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Friday-TRACK DAY- Going to try this again!

Some of you may remember a post a few weeks ago about me taking my 1992 procharged vette to the track for the first time since I got it up and going.

The outcome of the first couple passes where not exactly what I expected. The car only ran a 11.45 @129 mph. There are alot of reasons for that I think. No traction even with MT ET STREETs being a major one. The other being the car had a terrible miss at 5000 rpm that turned out to be the opti spark and a ton of corrosion.

So Since then I have changed the opti. The car seems to run perfect and pulls to 6500 rpm now! I have also made a couple of major changes to the tune. When I was running at the track last time, I only had 14* of timing in it above 4500 RPM. It was on the conservative side since I just got the blower on it, I didnt want to blow it up! lol. Now I have 23* timing and meth/water injection working as it should. The car seems to pull much harder and rev alot faster. Someday soon I will have to get the thing in on the dyno and see what kind of power it is actually making!

Anyway I just wanted to start another thread and give you all an update! I will post some video and times when I get home tomorrow night! Wish me luck!

BTW: the track Im going to this time is known for its prep and being sticky! Hope I dont break anything! lol
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by smooth1990
Some of you may remember a post a few weeks ago about me taking my 1992 procharged vette to the track for the first time since I got it up and going.

The outcome of the first couple passes where not exactly what I expected. The car only ran a 11.45 @129 mph. There are alot of reasons for that I think. No traction even with MT ET STREETs being a major one. The other being the car had a terrible miss at 5000 rpm that turned out to be the opti spark and a ton of corrosion.

So Since then I have changed the opti. The car seems to run perfect and pulls to 6500 rpm now! I have also made a couple of major changes to the tune. When I was running at the track last time, I only had 14* of timing in it above 4500 RPM. It was on the conservative side since I just got the blower on it, I didnt want to blow it up! lol. Now I have 23* timing and meth/water injection working as it should. The car seems to pull much harder and rev alot faster. Someday soon I will have to get the thing in on the dyno and see what kind of power it is actually making!

Anyway I just wanted to start another thread and give you all an update! I will post some video and times when I get home tomorrow night! Wish me luck!

BTW: the track Im going to this time is known for its prep and being sticky! Hope I dont break anything! lol
Good luck
Old 09-18-2014, 11:40 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by smooth1990

Told you that car was fast.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:12 AM
smooth1990
Drifting

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Told you that car was fast.
It is fast..But I want it to be faaaaasssstttt! LOL
Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 AM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Old 09-20-2014, 12:32 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Well.....?
Old 09-20-2014, 03:27 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

The car ran good all night but I have some bugs to work out. No good times to speak of! Grrr

Get notified of new replies

To Friday-TRACK DAY- Going to try this again!

Quick Reply: Friday-TRACK DAY- Going to try this again!