C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

lt-1 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
corvettesforevor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt-1 exhaust question

So I jacked up my 93 corvette today just to take a peek at the underside. I also have an 84 corvette. I always thought that 92+ c4s had
"true dual" exhaust, yet it still comes together at the cat. Doesnt "true dual" mean the exhaust is separate the entire way? Also, I noticed round shaped "mini cats" or somthing at the beggining of the exhaust. Are those pre cats? Or what are they?
This is my first lt1 vette so I just wanted to learn up on it.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettesforevor
So I jacked up my 93 corvette today just to take a peek at the underside. I also have an 84 corvette. I always thought that 92+ c4s had
"true dual" exhaust, yet it still comes together at the cat. Doesnt "true dual" mean the exhaust is separate the entire way? Also, I noticed round shaped "mini cats" or somthing at the beggining of the exhaust. Are those pre cats? Or what are they?
This is my first lt1 vette so I just wanted to learn up on it.
Your exhaust is coming together at the resonator. I understand that the pipes continue through the resonator separately though they may be baffled with sound deadening. You should have two cats - one each attached to each sides exhaust manifold. So those "pre-cats" as you call them are your cats.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM
corvettesforevor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver96ce
Your exhaust is coming together at the resonator. I understand that the pipes continue through the resonator separately though they may be baffled with sound deadening. You should have two cats - one each attached to each sides exhaust manifold. So those "pre-cats" as you call them are your cats.
I see, thanks!
Old 10-26-2014, 08:46 AM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Just to confirm, the center resonator has two individual pipes thru that one box. I know, because mine is gone now.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:25 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Just to confirm, the center resonator has two individual pipes thru that one box. I know, because mine is gone now.

I got rid of mine too this week when I Installed headers. It sounds amazing.

Get notified of new replies

To lt-1 exhaust question

Quick Reply: lt-1 exhaust question