Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

??? - factory spec on door gaps - anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Default ??? - factory spec on door gaps - anyone know?

I know I've seen this somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't seem to fine it. as the title says, does anyone know the factory spec for the door gaps. as part of my 85's door rebuild, I've adjusted the drivers door because of a closing issue. I've set the door rear edge gap around .150" (average). I figure that the rear edge gap is the starting point since the hood and front fender pieces are adjustable and the rear quarter panel/body jamb is fixed. the door closes better than it ever has, so I figure I'm in the ballpark. just curious how close I am to spec. TIA
Old 10-24-2014, 04:32 PM
RF1
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
I know I've seen this somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't seem to fine it. as the title says, does anyone know the factory spec for the door gaps. as part of my 85's door rebuild, I've adjusted the drivers door because of a closing issue. I've set the door rear edge gap around .150" (average). I figure that the rear edge gap is the starting point since the hood and front fender pieces are adjustable and the rear quarter panel/body jamb is fixed. the door closes better than it ever has, so I figure I'm in the ballpark. just curious how close I am to spec. TIA
My memory is 5mm. I remember spending a bit of time in the helms manual a while back. If I get out to the garage this weekend, I will try to look it up.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:35 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Not all posts are C4 specific.......

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-door-gap.html

Get notified of new replies

To ??? - factory spec on door gaps - anyone know?

Quick Reply: ??? - factory spec on door gaps - anyone know?