C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Possible new restoration product

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:44 PM
SeanHM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new restoration product

Hey guys. Based on some of the threads I have read and a growing obsession with these cars, I have been looking at potential products to begin producing for the C4. Most of the ideas I have will remain that until I get a car to play with, but one has potential for any vehicle, including those that I currently own, so that's where I am starting.
I have read several comments and wondered myself about a solution for the worn off script on interior controls. Turn signal stalks and switches wear off and discolor and can leave an otherwise perfect interior incomplete. I think I have found a potential solution to recreate the factory lettering or offer custom lettering in any font or color.
Is this a product that you guys would be interested in? I am researching the cost and want to verify the durability. From what I have read so far, it seems they should hold up well. My thought would be to offer complete kits as well as smaller sets for individual panels, switches etc. This would be the finishing touch to your interior restoration or could give the professional look to your custom interior.
One of my main goals will be to provide a product that is as easy to install as possible, with little to no measuring required. If needed, installation could be offered as well. Obviously this would apply to all vehicles and countless other applications, I have just spent most of my online time here lately and though I would approach you guys first. So, let me know what you think. If I get rolling so will see about becoming a supporting vendor or whatever is required to sell through the forum. Look forward to your input and am especially interested to hear what you feel would be a reasonable cost. Thanks
Old 10-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

there was a guy here selling decal sets for 84-89 corvette interior graphics. not a bad idea, but this guy was selling them on the forum for $20, and on fleabay for $15 (buy-it-now) - - I've heard of the corvette tax, but this guy added a forum tax. - haven't seen them for sale here for some time now - still on fleabay though. maybe the mods nailed him - ???

Last edited by Joe C; 10-25-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
eutu1984
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

Originally Posted by Joe C
there was a guy here selling decal sets for 84-89 corvette interior graphics. not a bad idea, but this guy was selling them on the forum for $20, and on fleabay for $15 (buy-it-now) - - I've heard of the corvette tax, but this guy added a forum tax. - haven't seen them for sale here for some time now - still on fleabay though. maybe the mods nailed him - ???

I need a set in Amber.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 PM
SeanHM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe C
- I've heard of the corvette tax, but this guy added a forum tax.
That's not very neighborly. I will have to dig around a bit and see if I can find some posts to compare. I am reading posts on a couple of aircraft forums right now about the system I am looking at. The big draw, especially in the case of the Corvettes, is the ability to print white or light colored letters that can be placed on a black background and not lose visibility.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:16 PM
SeanHM
Instructor

Originally Posted by eutu1984
I need a set in Amber.
If I decide to move forward, you're first in line. Just trying to determine if there is a market. Looking good so far
Old 10-26-2014, 02:41 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Default id buy a set of white

Originally Posted by SeanHM
If I decide to move forward, you're first in line. Just trying to determine if there is a market. Looking good so far
and personally, i do not find 20$ very expensive.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
and personally, i do not find 20$ very expensive.
Neither do I
Old 10-27-2014, 03:10 AM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 206 Posts

I would be very interested.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

I'd be interested. I would love to repaint some interior trim but I can't without losing the graphics. This would be a good solution.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I'd be in for that.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:12 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Your idea would be perfect for folks that want to rework and repaint plastics. I am one of those folks so keep us posted. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Possible new restoration product

Quick Reply: Possible new restoration product