Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Lights are a disco inside, HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 07:58 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Lights are a disco inside, HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
my 91 vert has started doing something very odd. On the way home from work today (it was pouring and i never drive it in the rain) the inside lights started flickering on and off along with the door ajar light. I pulled over and opened and shut ever door (including the covertible one) sut firmly. It continued to do this anyway. When i got home i pulled the seitch out in the drivers side door. If i push it in the light goes off and no flickering so i am thinking simple, bad switch but it isn't that easy. I reinstalled the switch or button if you will and found that if i lightly shut the door to the point where it is latched but not shut all the way i can drive around provided i pull in on the door just a little and no light comes on and no lights flicker. The minute i pull the door completely shut it goes banannas. This makes no sense. If i push the button in by hand i have no problem either it works as it should. Someone please tell me there is an easy fix to this. I am baffled. Why would it work with the door 9/10th of the way closed but not when it is shut all the way. I can't drive the car like this cause it is a disco inside with all this flickering. If i pull the courtesy fuse it kills the a/c fan as well. Please tell me whatever you may know. I don't want to be vetteless this weekend. Maybe the rain had something to do with this and all will be well by morning :) i doubt it though:(. Please reply asap, i wanna fix it tonight if someone here knows what my problem is. Are there other switches to tell the door its shut. I love my car but this makes me wanna :U Thanks in advance.
Bob
Old 08-02-2002, 11:02 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Re: Lights are a disco inside, HELP!!!!!!!!!! (robertpel9)

I LOVE THIS Forum. I did a search on similar problems here on the site and found out there is an inner pin on the switch. All i had to do was take a very small screwdriver and pop this out the shut the door normally to allow it to reposition itself. Problem solved. No need for a new switch or anything. This is THE place for Corvette owners. Just saved myself some loot, i love it!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lights are a disco inside, HELP!!!!!!!!!!