C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rare Paint/Interior Color Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:38 AM
88C4V
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare Paint/Interior Color Question

I recently purchased a 1988 convertible that has dk. red metallic paint, red leather interior and a white top. I'm trying to find out how many Corvettes were produced in 1988 with this color combination. According to glove box sticker, these were the original colors car was ordered with. Primarily interested in paint/interior color stats. Chevrolet Cust. Assist. does not have production stats for paint/interior color combos, just paint colors or interior but not both. Curious if anyone has access to this info. I spoke with Corvette restoration company, and they have never seen this color combo. If possible, I would like to find out how rare this color combo is. Thanks for any help available.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

as far as I know, there are no stats out on the interior/exterior combos. the dark red metallic over red leather is different - I have only seen it on one other C4.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:21 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

From what I have seen, the bright red leather (RPO 732) was not an option. Black and saddle in either cloth or leather were the two choices. It's certainly possible that this was a special order. As far as the white vinyl top, that came on 2811 '88 convertibles of the 7407 that were produced.

What I would suggest is to order the build sheet and window sticker from the National Corvette Museum. That should provide the information about the color combo. If you join the NCM first, you can then order the two documents at the member price. Your NCM membership fee is also fully tax deductible!!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 PM
88C4V
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Joe C
as far as I know, there are no stats out on the interior/exterior combos. the dark red metallic over red leather is different - I have only seen it on one other C4.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it apprears to be a very rare combo. Probably would not have been my first choice either, but I'm thinking I have a rare bird here. Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:35 PM
88C4V
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
From what I have seen, the bright red leather (RPO 732) was not an option. Black and saddle in either cloth or leather were the two choices. It's certainly possible that this was a special order. As far as the white vinyl top, that came on 2811 '88 convertibles of the 7407 that were produced.

What I would suggest is to order the build sheet and window sticker from the National Corvette Museum. That should provide the information about the color combo. If you join the NCM first, you can then order the two documents at the member price. Your NCM membership fee is also fully tax deductible!!
Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Tommycourt
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 88C4V
I recently purchased a 1988 convertible that has dk. red metallic paint, red leather interior and a white top. I'm trying to find out how many Corvettes were produced in 1988 with this color combination. According to glove box sticker, these were the original colors car was ordered with. Primarily interested in paint/interior color stats. Chevrolet Cust. Assist. does not have production stats for paint/interior color combos, just paint colors or interior but not both. Curious if anyone has access to this info. I spoke with Corvette restoration company, and they have never seen this color combo. If possible, I would like to find out how rare this color combo is. Thanks for any help available.
If you can, would you please post some pics of your Vette. Sounds like a pretty car to me. Would enjoy seeing it!!!
Tommy
Old 11-22-2014, 04:01 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Joe C
as far as I know, there are no stats out on the interior/exterior combos.

while there are stats on the number of exterior, interior, and top colors produced, there's nothing indicating the possible combinations

Get notified of new replies

To Rare Paint/Interior Color Question

Quick Reply: Rare Paint/Interior Color Question